Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ivan Stewart Signature Series Toyota Tundra

Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Ivan Stewart Signature Series Toyota Tundra

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/200...ad-test-1.html

By my reckoning, I figure I spent about $50 and countless hours playing Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road videogame in the late '80s and early '90s. The game put you in control of an eight-bit Baja Trophy Truck, which you raced around a pixelated dirt track against friends and a virtual Ivan Stewart. Stewart is a legendary off-road champ who won the Baja 500 17 times and was the only driver to earn both the SCORE and Unlimited Class series championships in the same year.

Some might say playing Super Off-Road was a waste of time and money. I could have been doing something more productive, like studying or helping save the whales. Until recently, I probably would've agreed with them.

Fast forward almost 20 years, though, and it's payback time! I'm seated next to the real Ironman, who’s piloting a brand-new 2008 Ivan Stewart Signature Edition Double Cab Toyota Tundra. We're putting the truck through a series of 0-60 sprints to see how fast this 504-horsepower, 550 pounds-feet of torque, supercharged pickup can haul. But more about that in a moment.

Unlike earlier Ivan Stewart Edition Tundras that used his name and little else, this truck has Ivan's fingerprints all over it. He's been involved in every key decision since its inception last year, choosing its forged 20-inch Alcoa wheels and General AT2 all-terrain tires, Bilstein shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, and other custom hardware.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Do you get an 'Ivan "Ironman" Stewart' gas card when you buy one?