Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

All beaches consider a state Hwy?

Old 11-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
All beaches consider a state Hwy?

Is the West coast considered a Hwy?

I got a speeding ticket for going 60mph on the beach in Oregon. The police officer said the beaches are 25mph is that the same in Cali?
Does the 25mph pertain to all vehicles including atv, dirt bikes, dune buggies, sand rails, etc??? Some ppl tell me it only pertains to cars, trucks, SUV's others say it pertains to all vehicles...
Old 11-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah they are considered a highway, there needs to be a sanctioned off spot for SVRA. Like at pismo in cali people get tickets allthe time for speeding or donuts, but as soon as you go past the poles there is no more rules sorta
Old 11-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Is the West coast considered a Hwy?

I got a speeding ticket for going 60mph on the beach in Oregon. The police officer said the beaches are 25mph is that the same in Cali?
Does the 25mph pertain to all vehicles including atv, dirt bikes, dune buggies, sand rails, etc??? Some ppl tell me it only pertains to cars, trucks, SUV's others say it pertains to all vehicles...
In Washington, they are all considered to be state highways. As such, there is a speed limit and all vehicles must be licensed and otherwise street legal. ORV's need not apply.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=79A.05.693

Quote:
According to the Washington State Department of Licensing, ocean beaches are legally state highways with a general speed limit of 25 mph (40 km/h), many only open to vehicles between the day after Labor Day and April 14,[13] but state law places the beaches under the control of the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission and only designates them as "public highways".
Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I got pulled over for doing 35 on the beach in Pismo. Warden gave me a warning and let me go.