Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What Shift do you work?

View Poll Results: What shift do you work?
Days/1st shift 17 51.52%
Swings/2nd shift 4 12.12%
Graves/3rd shift 2 6.06%
Days/12 hour shift 5 15.15%
Nights/12 hour shift 1 3.03%
Stay at home parent 1 3.03%
Work from home 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
What Shift do you work?

I work graveshift (10:30pm - 7:30am) and was wondering what everyone else worked. I sleep during the day when the house is empty...peaceful. I see my kids more now than when I was on Days. The hard part is switching back to a normal sleeping routine on my weekends to hang with the family.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
work from home ALL hours... Really whenever I feel like working.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Here we call it swing. 7pm till 3am. Had to say it, post #500 !!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Had to say it, post #500 !!
Congrats man!!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i work in my home at any hour, any day..... also i work on TW mid shift
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I work 24/7...10 hour shifts at work and the rest of the day for the wife...lol
Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I used to work retail hours for about 5 years. Gas stations suck! The next idiot does a no-call, no-show and next thing you know you're pulling a double because you can't contact the manager. My ex was a co-manager so we'd also get the "I sold beer to a minor and got busted...." calls at 3am and have to go in, fill out the paperwork for the cops, fire the guy, and cover the shift.

I also worked for Sam's Club in Myrtle beach were I started out on 3-9 shifts for nearly a year. Then they realized I could operate a forklift and scissor lift. At that point I started a week of overnights (9pm-5am) to help replace 2x4's with 2x6's in the steel shelving, then moved to 1st shift (6am-2pm) covering for a team leader, then went back to nights for a couple months. What a f'd up schedule the had me on. Luckily I was single at the time and didn't have anyone else to deal with.

When I moved back to NY I did 3 months at a machine shop on 2nd shift (4pm to 3am), and the last 2-3 weeks I had class an hour away from 7am-3pm 3 days/week. I was up for 24-36 hours a couple times a week until I quit! (They didn't want to work around my school schedule.)

My previous job was my first 8-5, m-f job. And now I'm 9-6, m-f so it's nice! I'm so glad to be off the stupid changing hours now.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
2 or 3pm - 9 pm. i work at some burger joint... every fri and sun
Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a stay at home dad for a month now. I work from 9am-1:30am give or take an hour or 2 on either end. I must say, I take far better care of my wife than she ever did of me.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #12
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Mostly 5:00am till 2-3:00pm. Sometimes 2-3-4:00am till 11-12-1:00pm. Thats why Im frikkin TIRED all the time now and I wuss out early here every nite
Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I work days, get up around 4-5 am and get on the clock by 6 am. Work between 8-12 hours a day and very little weekend work.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I work 12 hour shifts. 2 days from 7AM to 7PM then 24 hours off then 2 nights from 7PM to 7AM then four days off. It works out to an eight day work week. I usually don't know what day it is.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Sun - Wed 6p-5a. Hell yeah!!! I love my shift!!! No traffic in either direction!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
e-hehe...e-hehehe....dude-your avatar ROCKTH!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #17
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
I rotate- Active duty Coast Guard- Standing the watch and going to class.
I worked a lot of odd shift work when I was AD.

I worked at an airfield that was daylight ops only(8 to 14 hours days depending on work load), so we divided the maintanence into 2 teams and worked one day on one day off. Every other night was a Friday night.

At another location we had three teams. 12 hour shifts 4 on/2 off. Rotating from days to nights or viceversa after each off cycle. Each teams days off were staggered so one team was always off.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I work 12 hour shifts. 2 days from 7AM to 7PM then 24 hours off then 2 nights from 7PM to 7AM then four days off. It works out to an eight day work week. I usually don't know what day it is.
damn... what the hell do you do?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Rmike View Post
I work graveshift (10:30pm - 7:30am) and was wondering what everyone else worked. I sleep during the day when the house is empty...peaceful. I see my kids more now than when I was on Days. The hard part is switching back to a normal sleeping routine on my weekends to hang with the family.
I did that shift for about 12 years. The way I adjusted was to stay up after the last day of work. By about 8-9 I was beat.