Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

New Ski-Wheeler mod

Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
New Ski-Wheeler mod

So me and my step-dad got board and figured we should get the 4-wheeler ready for snow. So we got a old pair of snowmobile ski's and fabed up a bracket system so i could quickly change the tires to ski's. Next is to figure out a track system for the back. Any input on the track system is more than welcome. Enjoy

so here is the actual prototype that we came up with

www.ski-wheelers.com
Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
awesome.i have to steal the pic and show my boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
i would think some sand paddles in the rear would be easier.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
im thinkin some heavy lug rears
Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
ever seen these? expensive, but an idea may occur to you.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ski-Wheeler mod-1-24.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
i would think some sand paddles in the rear would be easier.
I thought about that but from talking to my buddy who has paddles he said they just dont hook up that great in the snow. the snow is to fluffy and light compared to sand
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #8

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
Yea i am looking at a couple of designs. I am talking with a waterjet guy here in town and trying to fab something up for way cheaper than $3,500 for just the rears plus i have yet to find a set for the little raptor everything i have found is for the 450 and up nothing for the small ones
Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #10

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
keep at it, I think its a great concept!
Oh i will get it. Just a little trial and error.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
There's a full blown sport model with skis in the front and tracks in the back already made. It's pretty awesome!

How about just some oversized balloon tires, fairly deep lugged with a set of chains?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #12

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There's a full blown sport model with skis in the front and tracks in the back already made. It's pretty awesome!

How about just some oversized balloon tires, fairly deep lugged with a set of chains?
I have chains on the back but still not the hook-up the way i want it to when i am in deep snow
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #13

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Montana Ski-Wheeler

Ok So after a few months of R&D we were able to build a set of tracks. Check out our kid version. I will post pics after they get out of paint
Attached Thumbnails
New Ski-Wheeler mod-dsc_0488.jpg   New Ski-Wheeler mod-dsc_0415.jpg   New Ski-Wheeler mod-dsc_0564.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #14
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Did you buy the tracks and adapt it to the back of the 4-wheeler or did you make the whole system?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #16

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Awesome! Did you buy the tracks and adapt it to the back of the 4-wheeler or did you make the whole system?
THANKS
No we make the whole system.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #17
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
how much???????? i want some tracks for my honda 3 wheeler!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #18

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
how much???????? i want some tracks for my honda 3 wheeler!!!
Fully painted with quick bolt application is $1500 without shipping
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #19

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
I will post pics monday of them painted
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
THANKS
No we make the whole system.
That's awesome. They look great.