My new toy, need opinions for a name

View Poll Results: which name?
"Bad Idea" 29 38.16%
"Huge Mistake" 32 42.11%
Other 18 23.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
My new toy, need opinions for a name

Hey guys, i just got a new toy with my room mate. Its a 1974 Venture 17 foot sail boat with a cuddy cabin. Here's the deal, we need a name for it. Neither me or my room mate have ever even watched anybody sail a boat, much less ever been on one, so we are gonna be self taught. Thats where the name comes in, we wanna name it something to reflect how stupid we are. we've narrowed it down between "Bad Idea" and "Huge Mistake". what do you guys think? BTW, i welcome any other suggestions. so tell me which one you like or come up with something else for us to consider. here are some pics of her....
Attached Thumbnails
My new toy, need opinions for a name-boat-1.jpg   My new toy, need opinions for a name-boat-2.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, where the hell is Roland? i sent him a PM last week about this boat and never heard back, he's usually good with input. anybody heard from him?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i voted huge mistake, but after reading all your post a name came to me "my last home"
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
BTW, where the hell is Roland? i sent him a PM last week about this boat and never heard back, he's usually good with input. anybody heard from him?
i think hes been on and off lately.... i think he posted a few jokes in the off color thread....
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #5

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i voted huge mistake, but after reading all your post a name came to me "my last home"
haha, thats not bad, i have a feeling this boat is gonna be the death of me.... or at least the "maiming" of me
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Failboat.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #7

turkeys know how to swim??? my bet is no....
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
haha, i like fail boat! filthy whore will get me pulled over by DNR alot faster than normal....
Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting for MJP to give me his input.... i am expecting something very clever from you Mike....
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Failboat.
Beat me to it. I'll have to give this a little more thought...
Attached Thumbnails
My new toy, need opinions for a name-failboat.jpg   My new toy, need opinions for a name-shipmentoffail.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
You should call it "Big Mistake" Then scratch out "big" and and write in "Huge"
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
"Death Trap" looks appropriate to me....

Or maybe "It Leaks"

How about "Shark Bait"?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
A few..

Don't Panic (written upside down)
Shallow minded
Shameless
Ship of Fools
E-Z (but you have to fly you gay pride flag)
If you can read this Flip Me Over (also written upside down)
The Wet Dream
Last Call (to help you forget about your drinking problem)
Looney Toon
Wheredahelarwe (let me know if you need me to spell this one out Nate)
Without A Clew
Outta Control
Ship of Tools
AFEICA (Another Flipping Experience I Can't Afford)
Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
"Death Trap" looks appropriate to me....

Or maybe "It Leaks"

How about "Shark Bait"?
Those are great, i like death trap....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
A few..

Don't Panic (written upside down)
Shallow minded
Shameless
Ship of Fools
E-Z (but you have to fly you gay pride flag)
If you can read this Flip Me Over (also written upside down)
The Wet Dream
Last Call (to help you forget about your drinking problem)
Looney Toon
Wheredahelarwe (let me know if you need me to spell this one out Nate)
Without A Clew
Outta Control
Ship of Tools
AFEICA (Another Flipping Experience I Can't Afford)
also very good, the dont panic is the best....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
allota good suggestions are rolling in here. i like crossing out Big and putting Huge in its place. another favorite is the upside down "dont panic"
Old 08-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I gave it some thought and I think "The Deep End" would be a pretty damn good name. As in, "This boat is helping keep me from going over..."

If you really want to get people wondering, name it something completely unrelated to anything. I'd love to see "Dog Will Hunt" on the back of a boat.

What's your timeframe or are you just waiting for something to jump out at you?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #18
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
You and your roommate bought it and it has a cuddy cabin?

I say name it Buttsecks

You could just name it Fail
Old 08-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #19
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
3 Sheets 2 the Wind
Wishful Thinking
Needs a Motor
Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #20
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
2Flamosapiens

twoFluffers

BenDover