Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs

Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #241
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
Sounds good man. I'm still trying to learn I need to practice a lot more before I think about recording any of it. Just wondering, but what's the best way to practice picking? I can get the chords down fine, but the picking out the tabs is what's starting to get to me.
man you just have to sit down and dedicate yourself. tabs are great. find somewhere online that really teaches you how to read tabs. several years ago tabcrawler.com was the best site to find good tabs. they also had a great article/write up on how to read them. however, last time i went there my virus protection went ape shit so i don't go there anymore. also, there are much better sites now anyhow.

learn how to play "Simple Man" by lynyrd skynyrd. it's the perfect song to develop good picking skills. get it down with a pick first and work on your technique. if youre going from a higher string to a lower string, pick "up", not down. does that make since? most beginners will try to down pick every string instead of up and down. with "simple man" your hand should end up looking like it's waving up and down the strings, because the progression goes up and down.
after you get it down, drop the pick and use your fingers. you can do sooooo much more and play soooo many cool songs by finger picking. it will take a long time to train your hand and fingers to do what your brain wants them to do, but it's worth it. for finger picking, "Dust in the Wind" is a great song to try and master.

practice, practice, practice.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #242
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I need to find a good tube amp, but not interested in dropping 500 bucks on one. Interested in something with 1 12" speaker and at least 40 watts.

I like the Valveking 112s...

any other options?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #243
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

find a Fender Blues Junior on craigslist. pretty good and time tested tubey. been thinking about getting one myself.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #244
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I'm worried the fender amps won't give me as much distortion as I sometimes like. Just need to play on one I guess.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #245
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I won a Boss RC-3 Looper Pedal today off Ebay, anyone have any experience with these? I'm really hoping it will bring my playing to another level as a practice tool. Super pumped for it to get here!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #246
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
bump this shit up. Who's playin nowadays?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #247
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
bump this shit up. Who's playin nowadays?
all the time dude. . . how you been

just recorded this for you. didnt mess with my mic, or what room i was playing it in so the quality is terrible. just thought id throw i up though.

ive become addicted to finger picking. my latest project has been that old school bass role where you get your thumb to do the alternating bass and the other fingers to pick the song. freaking hard. it's just a matter of telling your thumb to think different than your other fingers. bout got it down though. can play about 6 or 7 different songs with that pattern.

like i said, this was hurried, but you get the idea.

Will The Circle Be Unbroken
https://soundcloud.com/jgwheeler17/w...le-be-unbroken

i apologize once again for the crap quality haha.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #248
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting to see this thread show up! I'm a guitar player too!!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #249
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
the OP is very lazy and rarely comes around
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #250
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
the OP is very lazy and rarely comes around
HAHHA! true, very true.
Good to see you wheeler.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #251

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post

Welcome sir.
Spring is here and alot of us are doing other things but we need to keep this alive.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #252

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
all the time dude. . . how you been

just recorded this for you. didnt mess with my mic, or what room i was playing it in so the quality is terrible. just thought id throw i up though.

ive become addicted to finger picking. my latest project has been that old school bass role where you get your thumb to do the alternating bass and the other fingers to pick the song. freaking hard. it's just a matter of telling your thumb to think different than your other fingers. bout got it down though. can play about 6 or 7 different songs with that pattern.

like i said, this was hurried, but you get the idea.

Will The Circle Be Unbroken
https://soundcloud.com/jgwheeler17/w...le-be-unbroken

i apologize once again for the crap quality haha.

Sounds good. I havnt touched my guitars in a while.
You need to pack some beers up and come down to gville. Need to finish getting this studio up.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #253

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
and I still have my Tascam dpcf 8 track up for sale and my tripplexxx Peavey fs.
Good stuff. barely used.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #254
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome sir.
Spring is here and alot of us are doing other things but we need to keep this alive.
Yeah I've been quite busy myself, I do get around playing guitar, just maybe il get around doing some kind of recording lol
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #255
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Sounds good. I havnt touched my guitars in a while.
You need to pack some beers up and come down to gville. Need to finish getting this studio up.
dude you know id love to pick with you sometime. . . maybe sometime in the future worse case we'll sit around a TW organized campfire and do a little show haha. im pissed i wont be able to make it to uwharrie in two weeks.

Quote:
and I still have my Tascam dpcf 8 track up for sale and my tripplexxx Peavey fs.
Good stuff. barely used.
i know man, i saw that FS thread pop back up in my CP the other day. great price on great gear. i'd love to have something like that. with everything going on in my life right now (graduation, moving, etc) my money is unfortunately going to "more important" things
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #256
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Made this video for another forum showing what happens when you use the iphone to film guitar strings in direct sunlight - just a little warm up diddy. I'll get around to taking a video of the new stuff I have been working on; much more intricate and complex chordings. Acoustic all the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoDDDiXxyE
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #258
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I forgot about this thread.

I didn't touch any of my rig last semester to focus on school. Rough one. Never really did start back until I got a gig call one Tuesday. "Can you learn 40 songs by Friday night?" Since then—bout two months—I been gigging with this country band. Been a lot of fun, really got the desire to play again, and it's finally got me working on my blues and country chops, comp, etc.

Let me see if I can find a video from our last gig...
Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 AM   #259

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I am working on the rhythm for this. I think I have it,, Anyone do lead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdVDy8ioG_o
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #260
I'm a zit. Get it?

this isn't me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Sh9cKEDH0

but i have been working on it for a friends wedding next month. it's a challenge, but really not too difficult. im probably going to have to play it with the sheet music/tab as there is no way i'll have it memorized in a month, but still, fun project and a good challenge. i'll see if i can post up a video im proud of when i get it down.