Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs

Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have been checking this guy's series out to re-learn how to play Eric Johnson's " Cliffs of Dover "

Lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXToLoYwBdM

Song (if you don't know it )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAw...eature=related
Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #22
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have been checking this guy's series out to re-learn how to play Eric Johnson's " Cliffs of Dover "

Lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXToLoYwBdM

Song (if you don't know it )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAw...eature=related
I liked eric when he first came out. Same as satch. Both awesome players but way to technical for me.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #23
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I will be working on some of this, this weekend and a few other slayer riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0BmcPmlCc
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #24
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to learn this Tommy Emmanuel song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdt4Y2fNXOI

Using this tutorial and the Tab book I bought:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXpHHjCG4ew
Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Thank God there are young folks more interested in real instruments than guitar hero pretend talent. I've been playing off and on for 45 years through a pretty crazy range of instruments and amps- never any good in my mind (unless I was drinking heavily) and any 3rd year student these days would make me look pretty sad. But if I knew in the 60s what I do now, I could have gone somewhere with it. Here's a list of most of them:
  • Kay 1965 ac
  • Gibson Les Paul TV Model 1958
  • Fender Duo Sonic 1963
  • Epiphone FT150 1970
  • Epiphone FT350BL 1971
  • Peavey T60 1979
  • Gibson ES335 1968
  • Epiphone M50 Mandolin 1982
  • Ovation Celebrity 12-String 1985 Collector’s Edition
  • Ibanez RG 370 1991
  • Fender Strat 1992
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio 1998
  • Gibson Les Paul Smartwood 1998
  • Gibson Les Paul Doublecut 1998
  • Paul Reed Smith Mark Tremonti SE 2004
  • Gibson ES 137 P90 2002
  • Breedlove Passport acoustic 2007
  • Paul Reed Smith Semi-hollow Custom SE 2008
  • Lyon and Healy Style A Mandolin, 1918
  • Bruhn 2-point Mandolin 2010
Amps: Peavey Classic 30, 1980; Peavey Mace 1982; Peavey practice amp of some sort; Fender Princeton 65; Fender Princeton Chorus (two of them- I really like them); Line 6 Spider 2 w/ 2-10s.

The Tommy Emmanuel piece is beautiful, and Eric Johnson has always impressed me. Makes me want to pick up my Epiphone again-
Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #26

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like quite the collection Patrick. I'm 43 myself and have been playing most of my life but I consider myself a novice as I am not to serious about it. However I find great joy from musical instruments and mostly using my 24 track and 8 track recorders to make music that is totally by me. The only critique is myself.
I created this thread in hopes that novices and pro's alike will share guitar, bass and other stringed instruments as well as maybe some recording techniques.

Not so much videos of there bands on stage somewhere but mostly a place where us novices can hang out and share video and stuff.

It would be great to see some vids up of maybe scales, complete songs that you have done or anything video/audio related. Welcome sir.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Matic;2564003]I will be working on some of this, this weekend and a few other slayer riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0BmcPmlCc[/quote]

I think Spill the Blood is my fave .
Old 01-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #30

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

If I had a camera I would do a bass lesson
That's not you playing that mudvayne?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #31

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott572011 View Post
been in a few different bands over the years!!
Wait. You were in the swedish band "ace of bass"?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
This pic rules , the dude crowd surfing in his wheelchair is awesome

Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #34

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott572011 View Post
THINK U MEAN ABBA YER SOME SHIT.
No. That first pic you put up that has the 5 aces. It says "ace of bass" on it. I was assuming that the pics you posted were of you or your bands.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #36

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Matic , aren't YOU really Kerry King ?
Lol. Ofcourse I am. And I hang out on tw cause were on break from tour.
"Hannaman, bring me another beer you bitch"!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #37

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Here's me playing Caprise by Carcosi. I have a Martin Ellipse. Sorry MP3 only:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...1&d=1292113021

I have some other MP3s but they're too big for the forum limit (2 mb).
Nice!! Finally getting a chance to listen to some stuff.
We need more audio and vid peeps.
I have an mp3 of me doing acdc "Sin City". I play everything. Guitars, leads, drums, bass and sing. lol. Well if you can call it singing. I just need to put vocals down to keep time. It sucks pretty bad but I like it alot, just cause it's "ME".
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #38

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
I've got three jams I recorded over a year ago. There hosted here:
Download and enjoy !

https://public.me.com/chrisrobison1
Awesome! Thats the kinda of stuff I can sit down and play along with.
Are you using backing tracks or playing everything?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #39

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=OZ-T;2568065]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I will be working on some of this, this weekend and a few other slayer riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0BmcPmlCc[/quote]

I think Spill the Blood is my fave .
Wierd. looking up the tab for it and it says Hannaman sings it. Doesnt sound like him at all. Sounds like araya.
Live undead is my fav album and I have been a HUGE slayer fan my entire life but south of heaven totally blew my mind and I still listen to it on a weekly basis.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #40

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
ok. wtf.
My video post for this weekend is I am going to replicate the exact video above of Kerry king doin riffs.
This should be good. (i'm laughing on the inside).