Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 AM   #41
scott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the rough

Name: SCOTT
scott572011's Tacoma Gallery
your assumption was correct!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
No. That first pic you put up that has the 5 aces. It says "ace of bass" on it. I was assuming that the pics you posted were of you or your bands.
thetry`n to post more pick`s got so many , phuk it see if this works!!.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-b.jobe-live.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-caruso-jobe.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-ivory-curtis-band-rio-hondo.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-kari-s-house-ivory-curtis-band.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-o.t.r..jpg  

Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-o.t.r.-handle-bar-saloon.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-smoke-good-.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-road-crew.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-o.t.r.-recording-studio.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-s..smith.jpg  

Old 01-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #43
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how I post an mp3? I just finished "sin city" by acdc on my 8 track tascam. Played all the instruments and mixed it. Sounds pretty good for someone that doesnt know wtf there doin. lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #44
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wr62...eature=related

PS: Yes, I really do play guitar!!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #46
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone know how I post an mp3? I just finished "sin city" by acdc on my 8 track tascam. Played all the instruments and mixed it. Sounds pretty good for someone that doesnt know wtf there doin. lol.
For TW, you can upload it directly if it is smaller than 2mb. If it's bigger than that, you'll have to host it somewhere and link to it.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #47
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think its less that 2mb. poo
Dangit. I worked hard on this too!!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #49
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nice playing. What's the song in the second video, sounds good and doesn't look TOO hard.
That first one is beyond my speed level though for sure!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #50

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
it's slayer "chemical warfare" i believe.
Kinda wierd cause my musical taste varies from big band era jazz to metal and everything inbetween.

Oh wait. the 2nd one is "angel of death" slayer.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #51

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Wish we could get this thread alive with some vids or riffs or somethin,
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #52

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
shit. I suck. better stop posting.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #53
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cacophony
Fail

Paul Gilbert was a member of Racer X and later Mr Big

Cacophony was Jason Becker and Marty Friedman . Friedman went on to play with Megadeth and Becker with David Lee Roth before being diagnosed with ALS which finished him as a guitarist .
Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #54

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Fail

Paul Gilbert was a member of Racer X and later Mr Big

Cacophony was Jason Becker and Marty Friedman . Friedman went on to play with Megadeth and Becker with David Lee Roth before being diagnosed with ALS which finished him as a guitarist .
Yea well, all 3 of them played the same. lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #55
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea well, all 3 of them played the same. lol.
True
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #56

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
You might have the same problem I had Larry. When playing single notes in rapid succession like that song,I always tried to overanalize the progression and follow the notes one by one.
Basically it's just a chord and once I learned that I just kept my fingers in the chord position and moved my pick up and down the strings.

I play by ear and tab only. I know like 5 chords and 5 notes and the blues pentatonic scale. Thats it. The rest is "learned" and memorized but I couldn't tell you what i'm playing at any givin time.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #57

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda the same here. I know quite a bit from years ago but to actually hunt it up and relearn it would take longer than just trying to remember it. Thats kinda why I want to try and finish the studio upstairs. I want to be able to walk in and push a button and play. It's so tedious hooking up cables and crap and dragging stuff out of the closet. I just want to be able to have an idea or thought and be able to come record it before I forget it.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #58
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Just started Mandolin if that counts to be in this thread.

Got it Jan. 2nd.
Just learned a Mumford & Sons song..No video yet. Here is the music video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCg_QEHtkY
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Got question for you 6 stringers.

I have played a 4 string bass for about 7 years now. Slacked off about a year ago. I recently have started to pick up my electric guitar that I bought years ago and never touched. I can play some cords and a few riffs put haveing trouble picking single strings. Any pointers? I figured it would be the other way around since I'm coming from a bass.

Been trying to play this song but can't get up to speed in the intro. Any tips on how to pick up the speed?
I don't know if you are using a pick for the intro, but personally I would be finger picking something like this. If you get used to using your thumb for the upper strings and your other fingers for the lower ones, it should come to you with practice.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #60
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I have a new Bruhn mando after a lightning strike find at a garage sale last spring when I found an old mandolin in a hard case. Didn't know anything about it, never heard of Lyon and Healy, but it looked ok so I gave the guy $20 for it. Did some research, and found that the same model with later serial #s (mine was #45) were on the market for $4000. Couldn't afford to keep it, but got me interested in them again.. and yes, I can play this one.
Left is the L&H, Right is the Bruhn
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-front-view-resized.jpg   Guitarists only!! licks/tab/songs-2pfront.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread