Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The Olympics - opening ceremony!

Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The Olympics - opening ceremony!

I didn't watch all of it..... but WOW - pretty cool! I recorded all of it but stayed up to watch up to when the athletes came out country by country.

All I can say is WOW. The most impressive part - if you scroll to the 27 second mark on this video - these tubes were awesome. And they're all done with PEOPLE! Totally impressive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HM6hIuJFxo

I honestly don't know much about history or geography or any of that. But I absolutely LOVE seeing all types of people from all walks of life together and in peace. I look forward to watching the olympics - although I'm not into any one event - it's great to see the achievements all those athletes have accomplished and seeing the emotions and pride. Afterall - they shine above and beyond the rest of us.

Nobody's really gonna see this but.... I wish all the athletes the BEST OF LUCK in their journey in the olympics!! I look forward to watching!

May peace be with ALL of us!!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
That was an amazing show. 15,000 performers and 4.5 hours of awesome. Janster-I hope you found a video of the torch lighting cause that was wild.

I'm enjoying Brasil va Korea women's soccer right now- and I'm looking forward to making my HD service and HDTV work for it!!

Hopefully the games will lead to communications that will resolve many of the other issues plaguing our world community!!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
In watching the different countries walk in..... my gawd, I didn't know such countries existed. It was neat watching the population numbers & the athletes.

Good for them!! It's good to see all types of people from all sorts of countries getting into the olympics!

I gotta sit down and watch the remainder of the ceremonies tonight...way too much going on today!

Yeah Brunes, I wish the worlds conflicts would disappear. The world and its peeps are far too beautiful to be at conflict. Let's hope the children (leaders of our future) will be better prepared to spread and keep the peace.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Its very impressive how China demonstrates its advances in almost every area, the ceremony was very impressive, like you im not into any particular discipline, i just like to watch them.... its the only time where the world actually try to work things together, it would be nice that countries showed the same spirit we see between the athletes....
Old 08-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i thought the opening ceremony was cool. i thought my gawd looka at all those people on those drums. the precision and timing was scarry . kinda made me think i was in Qin dynasty or sumthin
Old 08-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the Olympics, Opening ceremony, the whole sha-bang, is very cool indeed. Go U.S.A.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that had to be the most over the top opening ceremony I've ever seen in my life. They just took it to another completely different level. I was in awe the whole time I was watching it.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Did you see this one? Faked fireworks:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...nts-faked.html

Apparently they were inserting into the video streams. I'm beginning to think that there aren't really 1.3 billion people there; I think they're all just CGI'd in.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Olympics are over!! Congrats to all the althletes for putting forth their best efforts to make it into the Olympics regardless if they won a medal or not!!

I didn't watch the entire thing - but the closing ceremonies weren't as good as the opening ones. And I guess they probably wouldn't be anyway.

Look out for Vancouver in February 2010 winter Olympics!!

I'll bet you Canadians are pysched about that? Anyone from Vancouver? How are they preparing for them?

London in 2012 Summer Olympics!
Gawd, I can't imagine what I'll be doing 2 years from now let-alone 4 years from now.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #12
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna try and go to the london olympics if i can. its just a hop across the pond
Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #13
Protected by GSD security systems
Nimbus 2008 is on a distinguished road

Nimbus 2008's Tacoma Gallery
I felt let down by this years olympics with all the mentioned rule breaking & faking on China's part... all to win their precious 8 medals. I hope the next in line are better. I take my hat off to all the athletes who gave it their all. The sportsmanship was by far the best by most countries & that made up for the junk going on. To see the teams happy for each other (& their sport itself) when a new world record was broken, etc. That was fun.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus 2008 View Post
I take my hat off to all the athletes who gave it their all. The sportsmanship was by far the best by most countries & that made up for the junk going on. To see the teams happy for each other (& their sport itself) when a new world record was broken, etc. That was fun.
Amen!!
That's what its supposed to be about!!

I didn't get to see much - with my work schedule & all and just didn't bother recording anything with no time to watch.

But I'm sure there will be shows coming up with highlights and clips of the tear-jerking moments of the Olympics. I look forward to them.