1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint damage, I'm an idiot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bigmooze, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    So I lift my wiper blades to clear my windshield of snow. Then I decide to check the anti-freeze level, after adding some last week.

One side of my brain is telling me to put the wipers down first, the other side picks up on a scraping sound as the edge of the hood contacts the wiper blade arms. I now have an inch-long paint scratch (down to the primer) where the hood and wipers met.

Just to let everyone know - I'm pissed at myself :mad:.

2. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    i'm sorry for your loss =(

3. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, that sucks.

4. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    We've all had our moments. If it makes you feel better I've done something stupid like that trying to hook my trailer up sideways. I knew the tongue was longer than half my truck so it should work, right? Nope I was on the grass and ran over a small bump with the trailer wheel and couldn't stop it in time so it went into my bedside and I've got a beautiful scratch down to metal(I've since touched it up but it's still ugly) and it indented it some to remind me not to do that again.

5. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    At least it's not a total loss. At least you learned something. I hope. :D

6. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Lol thanks, I realize that in the grand scheme, some chipped paint can always be touched up. But because I was being lazy I messed up. That's what bugs me.

7. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    You have me beat there :)

8. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    LOL, I laugh cause I did the same thing! I was thinking the exact same thing when I did it too! But I caught mine in time before I did anything major. A couple small scratches, but not noticable. And not far enough down to rust, so I lucked out. I just had to laugh as I read your 1st post, Cause literally was thinking the same thing when I did it! I was mad at myself for a while too, but you will get over it, I did.

9. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    It's one of those things. No mechanical damage that renders the truck unusable, and easy to fix.

10. Dec 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Your hood hath suffered a great injury so that others shall learn from your misfortune...go forth and rejoice!!

Translation: Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your hood, maybe I'll remember this one when my time comes to check under the hood during the winter.

Products Discussed in

To Top