LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone ever put Car Magnet ads on their truck or car?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever put Car Magnet ads on their truck or car?

I want to put a car magnet on the tailgate of my bsp 2nd gen Double Cab, but I'm a bit hesitant that it might damage the paint job. Has anyone ever put them on, and has it yielded good results for business? And, where did you put it on ur car/truck?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Bump... I've been looking into ordering some car magnets, have any of you done it before? And where on a Tacoma would you put it?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I had a soccer ball magnet on an old Ranger for a while. Never noticed any damage, just clean the truck before you put it on or it might not stick and don't slide it around on the surface or it will scratch. Mine finally came off in an automatic car wash cause I forgot to take it off beforehand.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
My mom has had her realtor magnets on the car since she bought it. Granted it is white and hard to see a scratch, but if you keep the car clean when you put it on and the magnet is clean you won't have a problem. Also it is a good indicator if the truck needs a wash just peel it off and see the clean vs dirty.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
I had business magnetic signs on my Tacoma and after a while the paint was getting weird under the signs so I took them OFF. I would not recommand it. It took me hours of waxing to get it back to be perfect again, NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I've run them on my work trucks for years and they will definitely dull the paint no matter how clean you get it before you put them on. Don't do it!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
I put a pair of magnetic signs on my taco for about 3 months every year during the fall hunting season. Never had a problem with them. Just make sure the paint underneath is clean and there are no large pieces of dirt, etc on the back of the signs.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
I've run them on my work trucks for years and they will definitely dull the paint no matter how clean you get it before you put them on. Don't do it!
2nd. They'll certainly negatively affect the paint if you keep them on there 24/7. We took them off on the weekends to wash/wax, but after years, you could still see the effects.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
What about doing vinyl graphics on the glass? The glass is more at eye level and easier to see at a glance when driving imo.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
Dennis3553 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dennis
Dennis3553's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
What about doing vinyl graphics on the glass? The glass is more at eye level and easier to see at a glance when driving imo.
+1
Old 12-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Had a magnet on my truck for a year or so...as others have said...clean both the magnet and the truck and wax the heck out of both. I left a super thick coat on both. No problems whatsoever.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #14

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I might do that, but where would I put it? I have a Short Bed DC. The rear window wont really work cause of the sliding center. Also, do those stick on from the inside or outside?

I'm leaning toward not using the magnet based on what I've read on this thread so far. Thanks for the insight!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #16

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Just make a sign to go into your trailer hitch. Have a purveyor going up from that and mount signs to it easy stuff plus no damage to truck
So, a lot like a traveling billboard? Pretty good idea, never thought of that.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i had a magnet on my ranger's tailgate for about 3 months. both the magnet and tailgate were clean. in only 3 months, there was a noticeable difference in the paint. it probably would have waxed out, but i still wouldn't do it again.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:26 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband made a couple for people to put on their tailgates.

Nothing wrong with using it.....

#1) Don't SLIDE it across the paint or else any grit or dirt will scratch the paint.

#2) If it rains, make sure to take the magnet off (when you get home) and let the paint & the magnet fully dry. You don't want to leave moisture under it and then allow the sun/heat to 'cook' that moisture that's trapped underneath the magnet.

#3) If you leave it on constantly...the paint won't look the same underneath it. That's usually because your normal paint will 'fade' over time (with the sun) and the paint under the magnet won't.

That's about the only things I can think of...but never used them myself.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #19
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i run the magnets on the front doors of my taco with no issues...

i take them off once a month to hose down the truck...

if it helps ur business then its worth it