1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to refinance (US Bank)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KodiakToyTRD, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Dec 17, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    So here's the story, I've been with US Bank for about 7.5 years. In 2006 I purchased a car with a car loan from a Credit Union local to Washington State while I was a resident of Colorado. I left WA in 2008 and got stationed in AK. In April of 2009, I traded my car for the Tacoma and was financed thru the same Credit Union that is only local to WA State. Before I came on leave to CO I called US Bank and asked about refinancing with them to get all my accounts thru one institution..they said no problem but that I would have to be in CO to sign papers instead of the fax/email hassle to Alaska. I said cool, I'll be there in a week. A few days ago I go into a US Bank branch and get this all taken care of...I checked in today on the status and I was told I am in the turned down status because I live in Alaska. Is there anything I can do about this? Who should I call and complain to?

It seems kinda bullshit that a bank that is nation wide (besides Alaska) and that claims to be the 5th largest bank in the US is gonna deny me a loan because I don't live where they have a location, but a bank that is only local to WA State has given me 2 loans so far. I have a credit history of about 7 years, never late, never defaulted, never missed a payment on cards or anything. I enjoy banking with US Bank but if they are gonna pull this crap, I may not be supporting them much longer.

2. Dec 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sadly-It's their money you are asking for man.

You can take your business elsewhere, and you can tell the BBB and everyone that will listen. But it's still their money/their call to give it to you or not.

3. Dec 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    This is true, but it just seems like a lame reason to deny me being as I've been a member for that amount of time. Oh well, if I have to wait till I move back to CO I will...prolly have a better rating in 7 months anyway.

4. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    Shemicals

Shemicals Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Concord - East Bay CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Black Sand Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    Build Page
    hey are you still trying to refi?

i work in the mortgage industry in whole sale/ secondary and rate lock, and my father is a LO on the side. I could hook you up

i work at landhome financial. google it if you would like

5. Feb 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    Did you finance with wecu? Also imo best bank by far is navy fed. My mom has been a long time member with excelent credit and she literally called them. Asked for a loan and got a check in the mail no questions asked. Awesomeness.

6. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    First I have a local Credit Union here in Johnstown, Pa and Second, I have used NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ( www.navyfederal.org ) which has outstanding rates etc... You are eligible to join and get their low interest rates.
    NOW: As a member of the USCG, You can claim your homestate of Colorado as your residence (As long as you have an address) Under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (http://www.military.com/benefits/legal-matters/scra/overview ) BUT, Remember, Colorado has Tax and Alaska does not! If you claim CO as your homestate, You will also have to pay CO state income tax etc...

Products Discussed in

To Top