1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Family lawyers out there? (Custody & Visitation)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I have an update but first I want to say thanks to all that gave their input, it was all very helpful.
    So I kept my head and recorded all events from the time I made this thread until today when we went to the court house and met with a mediator with our lawyers. Everything went my way today! I pay more but they cannot threaten to keep my daughter from me anymore, at least not without legal consequences. I am not the Domiciliary parent but that is ok because my work has me on 24hr call.

Now let me give ya'll some of the stunts pulled. He quit texting me after our encounter which I am grateful for because I don't have that kind of control (I was close to my breaking point), and he is obviously smarter than he looks. When she received the papers she stopped my mother from seeing my daughter while I was offshore (normally my mother gets my daughter on Wed after school, 3:30pm until her mom gets home at 7pm) When I am home I normally get my daughter on every wed and opposite weekends. She tried to stop me from seeing my daughter on all Wednesdays. She failed with that attempt. They also got married and put my daughter on his insurance even though she has been on my ins. since birth. They contacted me to tell me that I was breaking the law by having her on my insurance. I didn't respond to that in any way just hung up. Ok I just wanted to get all of that off of my chest. Thanks for listening.

2. Feb 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :woot: great news

3. Feb 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    The guy representing me was very impressed with the documentation I showed up with. That was thanks to you guys! I had times of every pickup and drop off of my daughter. All text messages to and from the mother, I kept our conversations to text for that purpose. Oh and I'm so glad I live in Louisiana and not Cali!

4. Mar 1, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
  5. Mar 1, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    Outstanding man. Threads like this make me want to get fixed and adopt a child down the road if the other half and I want to go that route.

The courts really do stick it in men unfairly. Sounds like you made out about even since you'll be taking her off your insurance you might get to keep more of your check?

6. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    She's staying on my insurance since she is my daughter. In almost 6 yrs her mom never tried to get my daughter on her insurance, just now since joe blow entered the picture. My daughter told me this past weekend that he wants her to call him dad! I just told her not to worry about it and call him Mr. Joe or call me.

I would like to agree that I came out well but honestly I think its still a little shady, they figure that a child should cost their parents $900 a month. Thats just insane. Even a baby, which uses up unimaginable consumable items doesn't cost that much. Diaper, Formula, clothes, Detergent and so on still don't account for that price. Now that she is a little person she eats as we do and uses all the same products. Sorry thats my mini rant. lol.

7. Mar 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Right on man, glad things are moving along, LOL on the "breaking the law by having her on your ins! Jesus, in Cali they courts order you to do that> This ex and her new victim, they don't sound like the brightest bulbs in the pack. So keep track of everything just like you are doing and give those two idiots all the rope they want. It's the Art of War, pick your battles carefully and make them count> Thanks for the update.:D

8. Mar 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Edit ... just read your updates. Happy to see an outcome you're comfortable with. Good job, Dad.

Products Discussed in

To Top