Recommend me a knife with spring assisted opening

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend me a knife with spring assisted opening

Lost my Kershaw knife last night, it wasn't anything special but I'm now looking for an upgrade and really want assisted opening, standard pocket knife, drop point, serrated, smooth, no preference. Looking to spend under $100.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Kershaw and I really love it! It has the assisted opening but I'm looking for a Case pocket knife now! Good Luck!
Old 12-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know any under 100 but I have been real happy with my Benchmade. Good knives with a lifetime sharpness warranty. You should check them out
Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Sog flash or sog trident. I like the locking mechanism of the sog over the kershaw
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
Benchmade Griptillian! Axis lock FTW

Spyderco Manix 2, amazing Ball Bearing lock.

These are better than assisted opening knives imo
Old 12-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Edcrosbys is on a distinguished road
Edcrosbys's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite folder has always been my old cqc7. Benchmade makes good stuff.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice0801 is just really nice

Navy: 7815
0801's Tacoma Gallery
I'm partial to Benchmade's myself. Their LifeSharp program is awesome too.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Sog flash or sog trident. I like the locking mechanism of the sog over the kershaw
I second that! I have er had both till one dissappeared with someone....
I've had my Flash II for about 10 years and it still performs flawlessly!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw, ive got this one except its serrated, its stays very sharp and very well made. This is the 2nd one ive had, the first one grew legs, and walked off somewhere.
http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Scalli...313169&sr=8-19
Old 12-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the kershaw blur
Old 12-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Kershaw, ive got this one except its serrated, its stays very sharp and very well made. This is the 2nd one ive had, the first one grew legs, and walked off somewhere.

I have that same knife......it seem to vanish awhile ago but last night when opening a box I went to get a box cutter and ended up finding my knife.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
I second that! I have er had both till one dissappeared with someone....
I've had my Flash II for about 10 years and it still performs flawlessly!
Just placed my order for a Flash II on Amazon. $46 shipped. Thanks for the recommendation. To the OP. Best of luck with your choice.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
I have a small Kershaw Rouge with the wood inlays. super thin and ultra lighweight so it doesent wear a hole in your pants pocket. Holds a edge forever, the best out of all the pocket knives I have had and lost. About 4.5" long when unfolded, maybe a 1" in width blade. It got a workout cutting tape on christmas boxes this morning,,lol.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have this same knife as well. Really like it, stays real sharp.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #15
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Lovedy kershaw before I lost it, haven't gotten a new one yet.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw. On my 4th. Get another one.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #17
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
thats what i have.love that little knife.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #18
Love Your Leisure
BrentPaucke is on a distinguished road
Navy: ABH
Name: brent
BrentPaucke's Tacoma Gallery
kershaw shallot ... you'll never go back or even the leek
Old 12-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
dave in maine is on a distinguished road
Army: combat mp long ago
Name: dave
dave in maine's Tacoma Gallery
kershaw leek at wallmart i just got one for my son 39.00 and to think i paid 60.00 for mine at cabellas
Old 12-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #20
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw Avalanche!! It was right at $100 and is made from S30V steel. I also have a Kershaw Chive and the Avalanche feels like a much better knife. The steel on the Avalanche keeps an edge like no other. I have cleaned 3 deer with out sharpening and it still took hair off my arm.

Products Discussed in this Thread