1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Credit?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thenomad, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    thenomad

thenomad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Way
    Kennebunkport, ME
    So for the past year I've taken much interest in getting my credit straightened out but the credit system is so screwy that maybe one of you know it better and can shine in some insight.

My score between the equifax and experian is about a 70 point difference. The credit reports all show the same stuff. Does anyone know why? Also does anyone know which credit bureau lenders typically use the most? I've been rebuilding my credit for the past year and its taken lots of dedication and sacrifice but in the past year my score has gone up about 150 points. I want my credit to be up to par before I apply for a truck loan and even though I could go out today and get approved I still want the best rate I can get (as well as buy the suspension and wheels before I get the truck).

This credit thing confuses me and I don't know why there is such a huge gap. Any suggestions and info is much appreciate. Thanks

2. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    They take time to update their crap, like months and months. So one of them might be lagging as compared to the other. I had this same issue where mine was about a 30 point difference. I think most places use equifax, so hopefully that one is the higher of the two.

I know I got something like 6% on my truck loan when I applied for it.

Good luck!

3. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    They will use all three reporting services and they average between them so the 30 point difference isn't that big of a deal.

4. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Mine was 30, his was 70.

5. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    thenomad

Member:
    First Name:
    Way
    Kennebunkport, ME
    See my cousin says lenders don't average. With his mortgage lender (anyway) they pulled his scores and chose his lowest.... but I've googled this and seen some lenders use equifax and some use experian but little use transunion. This is just from google searches.

The equifax (from my google searches) are always the lowest score. Its ridiculous. The last 2 months though I've paid down a credit card like 3500 dollars and paid off my auto loan (2200) and the auto loan literally increased my score 4 points lol. I was disappointed. Any way, hopefully it won't take much longer.

6. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    You can call them too and tell them what you've paid off and ask them to recalculate your score based on the new balances on your loans/Credit Cards etc.

7. Dec 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    spatchley

spatchley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Uijeongbu, South Korea
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad V6 4wd 6spd AC
    Katzkin 2 tone leather interior, TRD Shortshifter, Kenwood 6960, Cascade Audio sound deadening, 2 JL 10W3's in a custom enclosure
    There has to be some differences, maybe not with the accounts but the balances on the accounts. USAA has a credit monitoring program that lets you look at your credit report from each agency and is very easy to read and understand and they also give you tips on how to increase your score.

8. Dec 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    It depends on the lender but I know several mortgage brokers and they generally average two of the three or all three depending.

9. Dec 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    thenomad

Member:
    First Name:
    Way
    Kennebunkport, ME
    I called Navy Federal and they use equifax.

My equifax score dropped today because I disputed 3 items on my report. What a butt load of crap.

10. Dec 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    Working at a bank and from what I know we use FICO and so do all major lenders. FICO uses a mathematical calculation to determine your credit worthiness for paying debt back, from all three credit bureaus. The 3 different credit bureaus use different ratings that's why u have 3 different scores. Experian being the most popular one out of the 3

11. Dec 30, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    thenomad

Member:
    First Name:
    Way
    Kennebunkport, ME

I use myfico.com and I'm only updated about my equifax fico score...

12. Jan 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    thenomad

Member:
    First Name:
    Way
    Kennebunkport, ME
    USAA just responded and they primarily use Equifax

Products Discussed in

To Top