Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Sometimes I wish I would think just a little bit.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Sometimes I wish I would think just a little bit.

Living in SWFL. Tropical Storm Fay is upon us. I figured this morning it was still supposed to become a cat 1 hurricane so I should probably move the Taco out from under the car port thing. My rational was that, while a very nice looking community, my place of living was probably put together with the bare minimum regard to codes/standards...didn't want the car port collapsing under the wind as I assume it isn't structurally sound.

Its now 3 a.m. and I just looked outside to see how the storm was acting only to realize I parked next to a tree which was about to buckle under the wind. So i had to walk outside at 3 am in the middle of a down pour to move the truck back to the car port. Since the storm isn't going to become a hurricane at all it at least provides structure from getting hit w/ trees.

...that could have been bad...and now I'm wet....lame.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing the tree doesn't fall on the carport, then the Tacoma.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Be glad you saw it before you heard it. Glad you and your ride are safe.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Glad the tree or the carport didn't fall on you...
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

...lamest...storm...ever. We didn't even lose power, and that little shit tree didn't even blow over...I did however get the day off. Beer.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
First day of Senior Year is Friday. My school is all outdoors, with a dirt parking lot.

Should be interesting.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
i parked in the most clear spot that i could yesterday right next to my other car. hasn't been hit with any debris yet!! i also got half of yesterday and all of today off.

weak storm but i am not complaining.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Doomsday Squad

I was looking forward to fishing heating up again down here, but now its going to delay it for like a week. But lol at my one friend that lost power because he decided to stay with his g/fs parents to 'ride out the storm' and they were one of the like 1500 people across collier and lee county that lost power.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
First day of Senior Year is Friday. My school is all outdoors, with a dirt parking lot.

Should be interesting.
well your parking lot will be flooded. can you say MUDDIN
Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
Doomsday Squad

I was actually thinking about going to have some fun in the back of my community thats still under construction. There is a vast dirt lot where they were about to build more houses/condos before the market crashed so we go out there from time to time and rip shit up. Maybe tonight.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
well your parking lot will be flooded. can you say MUDDIN
Probably.

If only my Rugged Fails where not bald... More excuse to get some new 33"s?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
...lamest...storm...ever. We didn't even lose power, and that little shit tree didn't even blow over...I did however get the day off. Beer.

Nice..you have to love those Hurricane Parties!! I miss that about not living in FL. Give it like its your last day on earth...got some major snatch that way..