1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what a fucking day !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 907taco, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    I was down in phoenix for some medical reasons for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I arrived home last night around 1250am, waited for 45 min. for baggage then drove home 1 hour 20 min. later i discovered that pipes froze, water coming out of cabin. last week we had high winds causing some power outages, my toyo monitor did not turn back on because power went off for some 4-5 hours in -10 to -20 degree weather which caused pipe to freeze and expand thus bursting pipe, well the area that busted happen to be underneath my kitchen sink where the main water line comes into my cabin. I added garbage disposal last summer, when i remodeled the cabin before my wife and i moved in, new laminate flooring etc...............i needed an extra outlet for so i added a electrical strip with a few extra outlets and plugged it in. well when it burst water got all over the strip with with water gushing continously for i don't know how long ( long enough for a small skating pond outside my house, in the entire crawl space below the cabin, all the insulation was soaked and being water logged fell down to the ground (through the vapor barrier) long story short, 2" of water was on my entire 1st floor, I shut off the main and turned on all the lights to assess the damage, i "shoveled" water out my front door and back door, i was able to get 90 percent of water out, my heater wasn't sitting in water anymore, reset the breaker and was thankful it started. my rugs ruined, laminate flooring ruined, all the plants in the house ruined, luckily insurance is taking care of it. i spent the good part of the day watching the contractor rip out floors, vinyl to, cut the bottom 6" around my outside walls as water saturated the insulation, i am thankfull everything importand was upstair in the loft safe and dry. the contractors were almost finished with getting everything demoed and getting ready to set up blowers everywhere. I am spent, the last 2 days with about 4.5 hrs. of sleep and i came home to this nightmare was alittle over whelming.......Just thankful for having insurance, up in a hotel for what looks like a few weeks!!!!

Pics added to show some damage. 1st pic, damaged filter housing that caused water leakage after being frozen. 2nd pic is entry hallway, 3rd pic show water outside that ran under snow about 50' past the house. 4th pic note the clipboard on the floor> that was full of water to show how high the water was in that area. 5th pic shows what the contractor demoed out of bldg. its in the drying stage right now with dehumidifiers going, blowers etc...........

water filter broke.jpg
    entry hallway.jpg
    looking toward septic.jpg
    notebook.jpg
    bldg.material.jpg

2. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    Crap, I feel bad for you. Pop open a beer and ask your wife for a massage. Should help a little bit.

3. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Sorry to hear the bad news!! Bad stuff happening to the place you live at is one of the worst feelings you can get. Thank God insurance is taking care of it. I cant imagine how you must have felt when you turned on the lights. Hope everything works out!!;)

4. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    Sorry to hear about that man. That's great that insurance is taking care of it. All the best to you man.

5. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    lol at the subject.....not the body

6. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    Really sorry to hear all of this. Definitely a case of "when it rains it pours". You didnt need this, or to be thinking about any other than your wife. This makes my not so great holiday look like I went to the bahamas.

7. Jan 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    That sucks to hear man. I hope everything from here goes smoothly and you can get back into your house quickly.

8. Jan 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM
    CrUnKjU!c3

CrUnKjU!c3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amit
    Anaheim,CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double-cab Prerunner Tacoma
    fiberwerx front and rear baja fenders 6'' bulge.Have 2.5'' lift spacer untill i have enough cash to get LT from camburg. have a tiregate and prerunner bar. Installed a AFE stage II intake. Gearing for 35'' tires.
    damn, tht really sucks. hopefully from now on everythiing will go smoothly and well :) enjoy that beer.

9. Jan 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Sometimes it just doesn't pay to go home, damn......:(

10. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    907taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    pics added.

11. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Thank god for insurance...........I don't know if you saw that home in NV that got washed away by the flood waters,(it was all over the news) anyway,that home was not insured. I just don't understand not insuring a home?

12. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
  13. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    907taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4

14. Mar 3, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    907taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    well, i am almost back to normal, home for the last few days and wow, its like a new home.........had alot troubles with contractor meeting the deadline and some failed piping due to contractor not replacing some heat trace on the drain lines and water lines again, so my house froze again, I am just happy to be in my own bed again!!!!!!!!!!!! back to my life.

Products Discussed in

To Top