Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Friends Calling You For Help

Old 01-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Friends Calling You For Help

I was going to post this in the 2nd Gen Forum, but this could apply to 1st Gens too.

Today i got a call, and she had gotten a lot of discounted lumber, all she has is a Honda Pilot and CRV so i was the only one she knew well that had a pickup truck. Once i arrived, i wish i had opted out for the long bed lol. Thankfully she just lived up the street from Lowes. I am pretty damn proud of how the truck handled all this. My biggest concerns was the wood falling out, the rear leaf springs snaping, or the tail gate getting bent.

Pretty much stayed below 20MPH with the hazards on (as well as another car behind us with the hazards on), Kept the gear shifter in either 2 or 3 and it was alllll good.

Who else has stories/pictures of friends calling you for help with things? (moving, picking up stuff from the home depot/lowes, and etc.) I am pretty sure this is a common occurrance for us Toyota truck owners
Attached Thumbnails
Friends Calling You For Help-img-20110106-00090.jpg   Friends Calling You For Help-img-20110106-00091.jpg   Friends Calling You For Help-img-20110106-00093.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I would have propped them up on the roof with a blanket, but maybe that's just me.

Good job bro, hope you got something out of it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I would have propped them up on the roof with a blanket, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks, and damn. That probably would've been a hell of a lot better. I didnt think of that lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
springs wouldn't have snapped. he'll i've carried a yard of mulch in my truck...over the "payload" it's called bumpstops
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post

LOL i wonder what he got
Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
southpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to behold
southpier's Tacoma Gallery
he got snookered. who would have paid for repairs if something broke. or you had an accident due to a faulty loaded vehicle? having any truck is not a license to throw good judgement out the window. unfortunately, there's no "common sense" option available from the manufacturer.

we have to use our OEM
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my old 86 chevy C20 rust bucket with a 5.8L V8 and m3C tranny, people called me all the time. With an 8 foot bed and 3/4 ton cargo rating, it could do a lot of work. Of course since it was a piece of crap, I didn't care what needed to be moved or what happened to the truck. Can't even guess how many times I moved friends furniture!!! Now I have a little Taco 4cyl with a 6ft bed and I like my truck, I still use it like a truck, but like a little truck.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
My whole family always calls me first for moving crap! Pain in the ass, but it just shows they know their stuff (they never call my brother for his crappy F-150 ).
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
springs wouldn't have snapped. he'll i've carried a yard of mulch in my truck...over the "payload" it's called bumpstops
Only a yard? Thats not much. I've carried a lot more mulch than that. I had 35 bags of mulch and I wasn't on the bumpstops with the 3-leafs. When I would hit a bump, yeah I would hit the bumpstops but there really aren't any bumps between home depot and my house. Its quite floaty with all that load in the bed though.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #11
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
I helped move a friend about 90 miles. I loaded up my truck and trailer with her stuff. The only way to get this huge wardrobe and queen size mattress/box spring to fit on the last load was to stand them upright on the trailer. It was a huge windsail and we had to make it to the storage unit before it closed at 10pm.

I was doing 70-75mph in 5th and I could feel the drag of the mattress. Engine oil temps kept climbing and I backed off when it got to 250`F. We made it with 10 minutes to spare. I got 11mpg, but she was paying for gas

She was ultra hot, but unfortunately doesn't get with heathen folk like myself. Bah!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:02 AM   #12
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
Get something like this. I use one when I haul lumber with my SB. Works great.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3940_200413940
hell yea!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Does people calling you to pull them out of the ditch count? If so, I have a fair number of those occasions lol...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
hell yea!
x2 works great!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #15
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Does people calling you to pull them out of the ditch count? If so, I have a fair number of those occasions lol...
Those count as 10 points.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Only a yard? Thats not much. I've carried a lot more mulch than that. I had 35 bags of mulch and I wasn't on the bumpstops with the 3-leafs. When I would hit a bump, yeah I would hit the bumpstops but there really aren't any bumps between home depot and my house. Its quite floaty with all that load in the bed though.
it pretty much filled my entire bed up to the rails. and yeah, a yard isn't too heavy...but i have 9 year old flat leafs and leaking/shot shocks in the back.

im just sayin you can overload it all you want, thats what the bumpstops are for. yea its gonna ride like shit tho.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of us Socal guys helped Toucanv13 move. We had about 5 TW trucks and a uhaul 13 footer.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Lol yeah, same here, i had my truck full of grass (like 80~ squares) i didnt know those things were so heavy! I hit the bumpstops on bumps but other than that the truck hauled a**
Old 01-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #19

Quote:

YES. That is what would've been very helpful that night, but sadly i dont have a towing package or a hitch.

How much would getting one cost anyways?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I helped my mom carry a pallet of tile from home depot to the business. It weighed 1500lbs plus 12 bags of grout and also my leer 700 tonneau cover. Had to ride with cover up and another member here had the same load. Im assuming about 1900lbs total in the bed with my tonneau and yes I was riding on my bump stops as soon as they loaded the pallet of tiles not including the grout...was worried something going to give but nothing happened..