Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My plea to the TW community

Old 08-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
My plea to the TW community

To all who choose to read:

TW members,

As a member of this site, I have the right to voice my opinion. I normally choose to voice my opinion in response to others' questions/jokes/ideas. I have never asked for anything in return. Until now.

What I ask for is no rep.

I'm not asking for negative rep, but no rep at all.

To be honest, I feel as though my rep (which has just recently surpassed 7 bars, I believe) is ill-deserved. A number of my posts are conversational, or at most, only deserve a chuckle in the privacy of your computer area.

From this point forward, I'd like for my screenname/handle to be my reputation. Anytime you see that EquinsuOcha has replied to a thread, I'd like any of you to think that:

1. The reply will be useful.

or

2. If it ain't useful, at least it'll be funny.

I've been brought up to act as though my word is as good as my name. I have made many contacts that know I am able to be counted on. To those few, I am but a phone call away. Their phone books within their phones aren't in order based on an arbitrary number, are they? No. My name is at the top of their lists because of my actions.

I'm here to help and to entertain. I'm not a leader, I don't need any recognition. I'm a member. I'm but a single cog that helps TW move forward and thrive in the tangled Interweb.

Thank you for your time,

EquinsuOcha.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #3
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
x2

Who is this EquinsuOcha guy, and how did he get so much rep. anyway.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Why worry about it?? We all know that guys like EquinsuOcha have good info or funny stuff to say- No matter what the "greenies" say- If it is a big joke- Let it be a big joke and let everyone be in on it

EquinsuOcha- Good on you for putting how you feel out there- I would rep ya- but you asked not to be...See you on the boards!!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, although you feel that your rep has been 'inflated' at certain points, it still, at least in your case, gives an idea of the caliber of person you are-TO OTHER MEMBERS. I personally, in reading you over the months, feel you earned the greenies-especially after this thread, WHICH DESERVES REP but I cannot-as per your request?!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i don't care for rep either. i like how you can assign your own status name here though.
i've been a member of too many forums that end up getting in fights over rep anyway, this becoming one.
i just pop in with conversational humor myself, or opinion.
i'm no expert mechanic. i'd hope that being one isn't the only way to gain rep though
so yeah, i appreciate the reps i've seen that i got, but if i got no more from today on i don't mind.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
i totaly had to give you rep for that.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I totally agree with you, about the rep system, i admit myself that my post arent useful, just funny and just because of the chicks on the MM thread, i've had a few helpful ones too.... but i must agree with ridgerunner in your case the rep is because who you are in the community...
Old 08-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
Every forum I have been on that used a rep system has ended up trashing it completely and removed it for the same exact reasons. It is mostly a circus and means nothing because people just dish it out like candy on Halloween.

Good thread, OP.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Honestly, although you feel that your rep has been 'inflated' at certain points, it still, at least in your case, gives an idea of the caliber of person you are-TO OTHER MEMBERS. I personally, in reading you over the months, feel you earned the greenies-especially after this thread, WHICH DESERVES REP but I cannot-as per your request?!
i agree with uncle fraqnk here!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I see what you are saying, Ridge. But I have never looked at the number of greenies to determine how much clout to give anyone here. I learned just like I would in the real world, by sitting back and listening to their info and observing how they are treated by others.

I had just gotten to the point where I was handing out rep to anyone who repped me.

I've never had anything against the rep system, in fact, I think it's a great idea. But with so many threads around, the quality of rep declined. Meaning, a rep for an intelligent answer to a question would be worth more to me than a rep for a picture I found on Google and posted.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^i hear ya man
Old 08-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest I never look at the rep bars. They also have no affect on how I recieve info from other members. I take all advise into consideration and go from there. Gerat post EquinsuOcha. I like the rep it kinda lets you know whose active and where the comedians are, its all in good fun and we do enjoy it look how many post it has infiltrated.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Totally understandable!!

I don't pay any attention to the rep system... I've had a few folks give me some nice comments/rep - and a big THANK YOU to them for that.

But seriously, It's not something I follow or take notice to either way.

I've given a few myself but for legitimate reasons (and not 'just because').

If you think someone is doing a great job with comments, attitude, and advice or what-not....just shoot them a Private message. Atleast they'll be 'appreciatted' the way it was meant to be.

EquinsuOcha - I'll give you rep just because I know you don't want any!!
Just kidding.....but ain't that the way life works sometimes?
Old 08-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I see what you are saying, Ridge. But I have never looked at the number of greenies to determine how much clout to give anyone here. I learned just like I would in the real world, by sitting back and listening to their info and observing how they are treated by others.

I had just gotten to the point where I was handing out rep to anyone who repped me.

I've never had anything against the rep system, in fact, I think it's a great idea. But with so many threads around, the quality of rep declined. Meaning, a rep for an intelligent answer to a question would be worth more to me than a rep for a picture I found on Google and posted.
Yup I cannot argue your point here-some guys started on that stuff and even I gained some rep fat off it-I get you-you earn your keep and your respect...you dont like handouts. Very admirable for sure maybe your thread will cause a more accurate metering of rep by many people here from this point on-THAT would be nice.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I decided I was gonna stay away from any thread about the rep system. It's been beat to death. But, I like Casey and respect him. This is just a forum. It's just for fun and some info on your Tacoma. I concern myself with life and how I live it. There's too many bad things in this world to be upset about this rep system. If the majority of TacomaWorld's members dislike the rep system then maybe Bob should do away with it. Let's just be done with it. People give me rep for the MM thread and sometimes for other stuff. It's no big deal! I would continue to be a member and continue to do the same things I do now. So, with that said, I've gotta go eat dinner while the rain stops for a minute.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I never looked at the reps, I was brought up to judge a person for who I think they are, not what others think they are. I take the humor as well as the tech stuff. EquinsuOcha has always been a credible source of good humor, not mean spirited, I find you to be in good standing character, as well as many others here. Drive on.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I never looked at the reps, I was brought up to judge a person for who I think they are, not what others think they are. I take the humor as well as the tech stuff. EquinsuOcha has always been a credible source of good humor, not mean spirited, I find you to be in good standing character, as well as many others here. Drive on.
Nicely said!!

I never look at peoples rep. And to be honest - forums are a bad way to judge people anyway because of how things can get miscommunicated and misunderstood.

Even if you have a bad negative vibe about someone on the forum, things totally change when you meet them in person.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #19
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post

What I ask for is no rep.

I'm not asking for negative rep, but no rep at all.

Guys, he's using reverse psychology. Don't fall for it.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #20
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Guys, he's using reverse psychology. Don't fall for it.
Well Damn! I feel like I've been used.