1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My plea to the TW community

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by EquinsuOcha, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Aug 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    To all who choose to read:

TW members,

As a member of this site, I have the right to voice my opinion. I normally choose to voice my opinion in response to others' questions/jokes/ideas. I have never asked for anything in return. Until now.

What I ask for is no rep.

I'm not asking for negative rep, but no rep at all.

To be honest, I feel as though my rep (which has just recently surpassed 7 bars, I believe) is ill-deserved. A number of my posts are conversational, or at most, only deserve a chuckle in the privacy of your computer area.

From this point forward, I'd like for my screenname/handle to be my reputation. Anytime you see that EquinsuOcha has replied to a thread, I'd like any of you to think that:

1. The reply will be useful.

or

2. If it ain't useful, at least it'll be funny.

I've been brought up to act as though my word is as good as my name. I have made many contacts that know I am able to be counted on. To those few, I am but a phone call away. Their phone books within their phones aren't in order based on an arbitrary number, are they? No. My name is at the top of their lists because of my actions.

I'm here to help and to entertain. I'm not a leader, I don't need any recognition. I'm a member. I'm but a single cog that helps TW move forward and thrive in the tangled Interweb.

Thank you for your time,

EquinsuOcha.

2. Aug 23, 2008 at 3:47 AM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    fuck it...can i have is rep then?

:confused:

this post is useless and not funny

3. Aug 23, 2008 at 4:26 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    x2

Who is this EquinsuOcha guy, and how did he get so much rep. anyway. :D

4. Aug 23, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Why worry about it?? We all know that guys like EquinsuOcha have good info or funny stuff to say- No matter what the "greenies" say- If it is a big joke- Let it be a big joke and let everyone be in on it

EquinsuOcha- Good on you for putting how you feel out there- I would rep ya- but you asked not to be...See you on the boards!!

5. Aug 23, 2008 at 7:48 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Honestly, although you feel that your rep has been 'inflated' at certain points, it still, at least in your case, gives an idea of the caliber of person you are-TO OTHER MEMBERS. I personally, in reading you over the months, feel you earned the greenies-especially after this thread, WHICH DESERVES REP:eek: but I cannot-as per your request?!

6. Aug 23, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    i don't care for rep either. i like how you can assign your own status name here though.
    i've been a member of too many forums that end up getting in fights over rep anyway, this becoming one.
    i just pop in with conversational humor myself, or opinion.
    i'm no expert mechanic. i'd hope that being one isn't the only way to gain rep though
    so yeah, i appreciate the reps i've seen that i got, but if i got no more from today on i don't mind.

7. Aug 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    Siafu

Siafu Eat My Dirt

Member:
    Redlands!
    Vehicle:
    V6 Camry XLE
    Limo tint on Windows, Removed all emblems, Powdercoated Rims Black
    i totaly had to give you rep for that.

8. Aug 23, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    I totally agree with you, about the rep system, i admit myself that my post arent useful, just funny and just because of the chicks on the MM thread, i've had a few helpful ones too.... but i must agree with ridgerunner in your case the rep is because who you are in the community...

9. Aug 23, 2008 at 8:51 AM
    WildcatRider

WildcatRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD-OR 4x4 SOLD
    Every forum I have been on that used a rep system has ended up trashing it completely and removed it for the same exact reasons. It is mostly a circus and means nothing because people just dish it out like candy on Halloween.

Good thread, OP.

10. Aug 23, 2008 at 9:04 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i agree with uncle fraqnk here!!!!:)

11. Aug 23, 2008 at 9:43 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I see what you are saying, Ridge. But I have never looked at the number of greenies to determine how much clout to give anyone here. I learned just like I would in the real world, by sitting back and listening to their info and observing how they are treated by others.

I had just gotten to the point where I was handing out rep to anyone who repped me.

I've never had anything against the rep system, in fact, I think it's a great idea. But with so many threads around, the quality of rep declined. Meaning, a rep for an intelligent answer to a question would be worth more to me than a rep for a picture I found on Google and posted.

12. Aug 23, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    ^^^i hear ya man

13. Aug 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    To be honest I never look at the rep bars. They also have no affect on how I recieve info from other members. I take all advise into consideration and go from there. Gerat post EquinsuOcha. I like the rep it kinda lets you know whose active and where the comedians are, its all in good fun and we do enjoy it look how many post it has infiltrated.

14. Aug 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Totally understandable!!

I don't pay any attention to the rep system... I've had a few folks give me some nice comments/rep - and a big THANK YOU to them for that.

But seriously, It's not something I follow or take notice to either way.

I've given a few myself but for legitimate reasons (and not 'just because').

If you think someone is doing a great job with comments, attitude, and advice or what-not....just shoot them a Private message. Atleast they'll be 'appreciatted' the way it was meant to be.

EquinsuOcha - I'll give you rep just because I know you don't want any!!
    Just kidding.....but ain't that the way life works sometimes?

15. Aug 23, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Yup I cannot argue your point here-some guys started on that stuff and even I gained some rep fat off it-I get you-you earn your keep and your respect...you dont like handouts. Very admirable for sure:) maybe your thread will cause a more accurate metering of rep by many people here from this point on-THAT would be nice.

16. Aug 23, 2008 at 2:57 PM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    OK, I decided I was gonna stay away from any thread about the rep system. It's been beat to death. But, I like Casey and respect him. This is just a forum. It's just for fun and some info on your Tacoma. I concern myself with life and how I live it. There's too many bad things in this world to be upset about this rep system. If the majority of TacomaWorld's members dislike the rep system then maybe Bob should do away with it. Let's just be done with it. People give me rep for the MM thread and sometimes for other stuff. It's no big deal! I would continue to be a member and continue to do the same things I do now. So, with that said, I've gotta go eat dinner while the rain stops for a minute.

17. Aug 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I never looked at the reps, I was brought up to judge a person for who I think they are, not what others think they are. I take the humor as well as the tech stuff. EquinsuOcha has always been a credible source of good humor, not mean spirited, I find you to be in good standing character, as well as many others here. Drive on. :thumbsup:

18. Aug 24, 2008 at 6:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Nicely said!!

I never look at peoples rep. And to be honest - forums are a bad way to judge people anyway because of how things can get miscommunicated and misunderstood.

Even if you have a bad negative vibe about someone on the forum, things totally change when you meet them in person.

19. Aug 24, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.

Guys, he's using reverse psychology. Don't fall for it. :boink:

20. Aug 24, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well Damn! I feel like I've been used.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top