Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

NEW Metallica single

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
NEW Metallica single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF1-LaMVBc

more here
Old 08-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
listening to it now, it sounds like it should have been on the load or reload albums. Hope its better than the last album they put out 'cause I thought that last one was bad. So far I like what I heard.

-Dan
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO, they started going downhill starting with the Black album. I heard this song a couple times now and it's not sounding any better then the first time I heard it.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
gonna have to get used to it, but that wasnt too bad. just hope the rest of the album has some hard shit..................something that at least reminds me of the old metallica.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the song a few days ago, and I love it. It reminds me of their old stuff. I have a lot of faith in the new album.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
its better than that st. anger crap. the new single does sound like their old stuff mainly because of the guitar solo and long ass intro.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
That crap is NOTHING that belongs on Reload or especially Load. I love old school Metallica.. Master of Puppets is both my favorite Metallica song and album. However at the same time, to me, Load is one of the best rock albums I would ever put to my ears.

I don't see the point of comparing each album to previous albums. Artists have the freedom to make their own music their own way, and each should be held on its own and judged independently. On that perspective Load and Reload are absolutely fantastic albums. I like every single song on Load without exception. Reload is also a great album, but in my opinion not as good as Load was.

St. Anger was HORRIBLE. I couldn't stand the mix. The drums were overbearing and sounded like they were recorded in someone's basement. The lyrics had no feeling or meaning whatsoever. The album overall was simply lifeless.

This song does not give me any hope that the new album will be any better.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
OK I would like to retract at least part of my statements.. I just listened to the "actual" ripped version of the song on my "actual" stereo instead of the youtube version on laptop speakers.. I enjoyed the song a whole lot more when I could actually discern the musical details

I am still not sure about the lyrics though.. James sounds good, but the song doesn't really have feeling or meaning to me like all the older Metallica (and by that I mean every album through Reload)

I will say that I think The Day That Never Comes is better than every single song on St. Anger
Old 08-25-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I could only listen to the first 1:27 and I had to stop. I like old school metallica the newer stuff is garbage.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #11
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
I liked them and I think they are history and will linger for a decade then they will get Jobs @ 7-11.
They were great then they lost the touch

sorry just my opinon
Old 08-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
I liked them and I think they are history and will linger for a decade then they will get Jobs @ 7-11.
They were great then they lost the touch

sorry just my opinon

They still make a hell of a lot more money than any of us here....

I don't think they'll care either way if everyone thinks they've sobered up, softened up, or lost their touch.... They'll still make chitloads of money and have chitloads of fans. They can do whatever they want and still make tons of money doing it.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #13
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
You know what happens once a band sobers up . . . the music suffers (Metallica, Megadeth, Motley Crue . . . the list is endless).
not pearl Jam.....
Old 08-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #14
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
not pearl Jam.....
pearl jam is still badass(i was cranking some old pj yesterday), but i also think vedder got a little weirder with age too.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #15
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
not pearl Jam.....
+1 for that one. There sound has evolved quite a bit. Ten being the iconic album that it is, all their newer stuff doesn't fall far from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
pearl jam is still badass(i was cranking some old pj yesterday), but i also think vedder got a little weirder with age too.
I think Eddie was always a little weird. Though I'd probably throw him in the top ten people I'd like to meet.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
+1 for that one. There sound has evolved quite a bit. Ten being the iconic album that it is, all their newer stuff doesn't fall far from it.

I think Eddie was always a little weird. Though I'd probably throw him in the top ten people I'd like to meet.
yep.......he's in my top 10 most wanted to meet too man!!! and yep.....ten was one of the best rock albums ever made, in my opinion!!! kind of iconic.........great songs...whole cd is awesome. and the yellow ledbetter single is still one of my top songs from pj!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep.......he's in my top 10 most wanted to meet too man!!! and yep.....ten was one of the best rock albums ever made, in my opinion!!! kind of iconic.........great songs...whole cd is awesome. and the yellow ledbetter single is still one of my top songs from pj!!
Just one of those albums that no matter how often you play it, it never gets old. I'd almost put Alice In Chains' Facelift and Dirt right up there with it.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Well IMO, the music evolves, because the compositions are reflections of the composer mind, comparing Mozart music from his childhood through his adulthood, you can see a whole difference, Beethoven too, why? because its a process.... You can see this reflected all over, Metallica has had its process too, they grew up, and their music reflects that, and we are getting older too, maybe that's why we don't identify with their new songs, because their old songs transports us to times when we were younger, and we want their new songs to make us feel like those times.... its never gonna happen like that again....i can listen to a bunch of old songs that i like and remember high school and stuff... now new songs dont have that kind of impact on me, i preffer to listen to hootie and the blowfish, or sublime than try to dig some of the new bands....
Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
Just one of those albums that no matter how often you play it, it never gets old. I'd almost put Alice In Chains' Facelift and Dirt right up there with it.
definitely layne staley was friggin great too man.........and jerry cantrell knew his shit too!!!! nothing like the good days of that music man!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Well IMO, the music evolves, because the compositions are reflections of the composer mind, comparing Mozart music from his childhood through his adulthood, you can see a whole difference, Beethoven too, why? because its a process.... You can see this reflected all over, Metallica has had its process too, they grew up, and their music reflects that, and we are getting older too, maybe that's why we don't identify with their new songs, because their old songs transports us to times when we were younger, and we want their new songs to make us feel like those times.... its never gonna happen like that again....i can listen to a bunch of old songs that i like and remember high school and stuff... now new songs dont have that kind of impact on me, i preffer to listen to hootie and the blowfish, or sublime than try to dig some of the new bands....
i love everything by hootie and the blowfish(plus...they are from sc!!!)!!! great music, and darius rucker is awesome on his own too!