1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Here is some more EXCESSIVE force for ya...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Look at our police force/firefighters being excellent heros of society. I sure am glad they are protecting me from that monster of a girl. . .

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    Parents need to start raising their kids right.... No respect given these days.

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    I can see where there is a little excessive force here, but the girl brought the situation on herself, she was out of control that is why the police were called in the first place. Dealing with mentally disabled people can be extremely dangerous, they are unpredictable and can click for no reason, so extreme care must be used at all times. Most are very nice, but a few are very dangerous.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Extreme care as in "a lot of care" or extreme care as in "CARE TAKEN TO THE EXTREME RAWR CURBSTOMPED!"

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    a lot of care, at the high school I work at we do have some full grown students who have thrown desks across the class room, punched, kicked and some have even esclated into a full physical confrontation, where the the police were called. One kid, 6'3" 250lb was tazed because he was uncontrollable.

6. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    good god there is a diffrent between being hurt and injured. This country is so hung up on their "rights" that they are blinded to the other side of the story. half the time their rights arent even legit. At most this girl was shaken up or hurt. No chance of injury from that. Go to germany, korea, japan or russia and talk back to their cops. These men and women are dealing with shitheads every day and do an amazing job with it. Cut them some slack and give them the benifit of the doubt. We are better with them. This is comming from a guy who got arrested ALOT as a kid and still, as a grown as man, rides way to fast on a bike. Ive been pepper sprayed as a 16 year old, hit with a billy club and had a dog sicked on me. I relize I was in the wrong and once the cuffs were on every time the cops were chill. I couldnt chill out after fighting with a punk kid and yet they did. That is amazing self restraint. I still get alot of tickets and still can rationalize their hardships. Why cant you.

7. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    "Rights" are our only source of direction in this country. . . If we didn't have "rights" all of our cops would be like, as stated above, Germany, Korea, Japan, Russia. . . That's what makes us different and successful.

8. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    TallTacoma

TallTacoma Bear fvcker!

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    The Silver State
    Vehicle:
    Come and take it from my cold, dead hands.
    3" suspension lift (ToyTec coilovers and wheeler leafs), Yakima roof rack, ARE tonneau, K&N FIPK.
    We need to scrutinize our police any chance we get. That's the only way to insist they perform their duties like the public wants them to. It's difficult being a police officer. A good majority of Americans are unqualified to be a cop. A better majority doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to be a cop. Officers who don't meet the standards will be weeded out more effectively these days, because citizens like to stand around, rubber neck, and video tape the police.

That being said, I challenge you to find stories about cops doing more than they have to, risking their lives, and overachieving. Yeah, but that's not entertaining, is it?

9. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    jikkyo

jikkyo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    Ford F-150 for now!!
    In reading the OP's posts, I get the feeling he's creating these threads to vent his discontent towards police officers. You can deny being a cop-hater, but you'd be tripping over your own BS.

My 2c.

10. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    fixed bolded.

11. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks

Are we successful or are we in a slow downfall since the Greatest Generation. Thats a diffrent argument my friend. Now yes, legitimate rights, yes, are important. The term rights is greatly abused and expanded recently to include all this political bullshit that people are so fond of. Now none of the countries I mention above are 3rd world countries, furthermore Germany Korea and Japan all have a less violent crime rate than us and people are generally friendlier not to mention a better economy. I love my country more than most but am envious of certain aspects of others. Maybe if cops beat more ass there would not be so many self entitled "tough guys" who act like shithead punks and the second they get caught cry like bitches about their "rights".

Back to the topic at hand. I am inclined to cut cops a break and side with their judgment for two reasons. The people they deal with are unpleasent to say the least. Reason doesnt work with irrational people and great restraint is shown most the time. Two, I have been in stressful, make a descion now situations. That being said in those situations, as per my job, I kill people. Cops do not, they are not afforded a solution that is that simple. They make a snap descsion and are held accountaible by people who will never understand that feeling. They do it well. Have you ever been in a situation like that. One final note. If a banker gets caught on camera stealing from the bank or if a bouncer at a bar uses to much force is it plastered all over youtube and TW ? Do you try to rally the pitchforks? Nope. why not. It is equally offensive. We are better off with our LEO's. They are people too, mistakes happen but the question you need to ask yourself is can you live up to the standards you set for them. If not then shut up or say thank you next time you see a pig walking down the street:D.

12. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    what defines power hungry. Out of curiosity what do you do for a living man??

13. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Yes, there are plenty of Youtube videos. . . And, I don't have to answer your second question because I haven't taken an oath to "serve and protect" the public. Any other questions/novels?

There's not a concrete definition for "power hungry", but the way I used it means, "hungry for power". When someone is hungry for anything, they make irrational decisions to fulfill their hunger. Get where I'm going with this? Also, I work part time paying for college at the moment. Why do you ask?

14. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    jikkyo

jikkyo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    Ford F-150 for now!!
    Haha figures.

15. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    She was completely out of control....just sitting there and breathing and whatnot...

16. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    What "figures"? Are you incapable of making full sentences or something?

17. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    jikkyo

jikkyo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    Ford F-150 for now!!
    Judging by your posts, I had figured that you are a punk. I am right. Punk.

18. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    easy killer, no need to get pissed at me I am just tring to make a point because there has been a few threads about bad cops. I see your point and I agree about them being held accountable. I also think that the force may of been over the top with that girl. That being said there was no chance of injury there.

Now to the point of power hungry. One person put on the ground is not power hungry. Every person in this world is allowed to have a bad day except the people with the most sressful jobs right. One punch is not power hungry, it is a descion made on the quickest course of action in order to end a situation. Now if it proves to be habitual fry the cop, but based of this on video this man's life is ruined. His career is over and he can no longer provide for his family.

The reason I asked for your profession is, no offense is meant here, but you strike me as an idealistic kid. That is great you can shape your view of the world as you see it but you have not experianced the shitty side of the world every day LEOS do. Furthermore you can not sympathize with people who have to make snap descions that can cost a career or a life or lead to the escalation of an event. It is easy to judge, execusion of service flawlessly is not.

19. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    btw if you cant stand up to the standards you hold cops too (which you stated you didnt know if you could) then what right do you have to judge them. Cops dont work for you

20. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    MxRacer190

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Think what you want, but you've made two posts in this thread, and neither have been about the subject. . .

I see what you're saying, but someone doesn't have to experience the "shitty side of the world" to understand the difference between right and wrong. And, as you have stated, this officer was in the wrong, soI really don't know what we're debating right now :confused: Also, I wasn't pissed at all. Just getting my point across.

Products Discussed in

To Top