Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Howard Stern Fans?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Howard Stern Fans?

Who is a Howard fan? I have been listening probably since around 96. I know alot of people on here have Sirius or XM. Did you get Sirius for Howard? Or just for the comercial free music? I actually got it becuase of Howard when he made the move, but I do love no comercials on the music channels! And a BA BA Booey to you all!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd3 View Post
Got my Sirius for Howard ,but the music is great too . Gotta have it,drive tractor trailer for a living ! BABA BOEY
Ya thats a real bonus for driving!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I started listening about 2 years ago. It's the only thing I listen on Sirius. My favorite is the wrap up show.

I say we keep this thread going as a Howard Stern BS thread.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Forcritessake is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, 2175th MP CO
Name: Jason
Forcritessake's Tacoma Gallery
Got it for Howard, listening since I can remember....

ma ma monkey!!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Fa fa Flo Hi!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #7

Figure I would give this a Ba ba bump! I like the idea of keeping this as a BS thread about the show.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
tacoriffic has a spectacular aura abouttacoriffic has a spectacular aura about

Name: Greg
tacoriffic's Tacoma Gallery
baba booey, baba booey

Have been a subscriber since 2005, Howard was the reason. Now I can't listen to terrestrial radio at all. I rather listen to the road noise from my taco.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoriffic View Post
baba booey, baba booey

Have been a subscriber since 2005, Howard was the reason. Now I can't listen to terrestrial radio at all. I rather listen to the road noise from my taco.
I know, me too. I really can't stand any comercials at all. I can deal with the ones on Howard cause of the phoney phone calls and Howard 100 news mixed in.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr3000 View Post
Good lookin HU.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
everleet is on a distinguished road

everleet's Tacoma Gallery
I have listened to howard everyday for the past many years but I'm finding more and more I can't deal with the show. It's great that he is using twitter now but do we need to hear all the damn time what he is tweeting and how he revolutionized twitter in just weeks?

There has been a big whole in the show since the departure of artie. He was the voice of the average guy, not to mention, he is fucking hilarious. During the KC/Tranny bit, all I could think about him laughing hysterically as soon as that man thing walked.

Give O & A a shot sometime, I bounce between them now. Jim Norton is hysterical and they have great guests. Not the A list type on Howard but either very interesting or extremely fun. Listening to louis ck on there.

Peace and love, peace and love.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by everleet View Post
I have listened to howard everyday for the past many years but I'm finding more and more I can't deal with the show. It's great that he is using twitter now but do we need to hear all the damn time what he is tweeting and how he revolutionized twitter in just weeks?

There has been a big whole in the show since the departure of artie. He was the voice of the average guy, not to mention, he is fucking hilarious. During the KC/Tranny bit, all I could think about him laughing hysterically as soon as that man thing walked.

Give O & A a shot sometime, I bounce between them now. Jim Norton is hysterical and they have great guests. Not the A list type on Howard but either very interesting or extremely fun. Listening to louis ck on there.

Peace and love, peace and love.
I hear ya on the Twitter thing. Honestly I could give a fuck about Twitter or Facebook or whatever. I'm not on it. Also agree about Artie, was never a fan of his stand up or movie, but he was good on the show.

By O & A, you mean Opie & Anthony? Never heard there show. Are they on sirius now? If so what ch? Big fan of Louis CK! Actually Last week and on Monday when Howard was off I was listening to Dr. Laura! LOL. I was hoping for some prank phone calls to come in! Never did hear any. Oh well.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #15
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
I have been listening for damn near 20years. When he moves to Sirius I started recording the show on my PC because I could not get a signal where I work. I then moved my recording to my MP3 player and was a day behind. Just a few weeks ago they (Sirius) revamped the media player so I could no longer record the show. I canceled my subscribtion after five years of service. I love Howard but the show is to hard to get so fuck him.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #16
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Back on the road tomorrow and I can't wait to hear a new show.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothFox View Post
I have been listening for damn near 20years. When he moves to Sirius I started recording the show on my PC because I could not get a signal where I work. I then moved my recording to my MP3 player and was a day behind. Just a few weeks ago they (Sirius) revamped the media player so I could no longer record the show. I canceled my subscribtion after five years of service. I love Howard but the show is to hard to get so fuck him.
I hear what your sayin. I also find it messed up that they raised prices even though they said they never would. Anyway, I can't listen at work anyway, but I listen on my way in to work. Well its early so I listen to the show from the day before, but on my way home it takes me about 45 mins because of traffic so thats when I get most of my listening in. That right there makes it worth it to me. If i didn't have that long of a drive, then maybe no big deal, but that really keeps me from losing my mind in traffic and awake!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
I bought sirius for my wife when he switched. She got me a receiver a few months later and then i started listening online when my commute was cut in half. I hated how they started to charge for online but I paid it since it was the end of his 5year contract.
Some shows are slower than other and yeah, his new rant on technology is boring but it will fade once enough people catch on. He has to pitch hard to earn his new contract.
Artie was great, but not a necessity for the show, a nice addition though.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
I bought sirius for my wife when he switched. She got me a receiver a few months later and then i started listening online when my commute was cut in half. I hated how they started to charge for online but I paid it since it was the end of his 5year contract.
Some shows are slower than other and yeah, his new rant on technology is boring but it will fade once enough people catch on. He has to pitch hard to earn his new contract.
Artie was great, but not a necessity for the show, a nice addition though.
Ya that was bullshit how they started charging for it online. And its funny it was the other way around for me and my wife. She bought it for me when he switched, and then I got her one. We ended up getting rid of hers though cause she cut her drive time down to about 10 mins and that was the only time she listened to him. She didn't think it was worth it.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
TWOOD0001 is on a distinguished road
TWOOD0001's Tacoma Gallery
I Love Stern only have sirius for Howard, Tacomas and Stern what could be better. Fa Fa Flo High forever