Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

why not wave?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
fitryders2 will become famous soon enough
Name: shawn
fitryders2's Tacoma Gallery
why not wave?

i have a buddy in a jeep that it doesnt matter who he passes in a jeep. they could be 16 or 60 they always wave. so on the way to nags head one day i ran a personal survey. i only had 1 of 8 tacomas wave to me. and i think the guy thought he knew me lol. why dont we wave to each other?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
ImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud of
ImthePrez's Tacoma Gallery
kinda like bikes wave to each other.....personally I could care less if I get waved at.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Because we post in the wrong places...

Ie this in 2nd gen to begin with
Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
I've always noticed the same...

I hear 1st gen guys wave at eachother.. lol
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
rawdogie is on a distinguished road
rawdogie's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i just came from a Jeep to a Tacoma about a month ago and everytime i see a Wrangler i have to stop and remember that i dont drive a Jeep anymore. And every time i see a Tacoma i have to stop and remember that if i wave they will think im a weirdo. When i drive my girlfriend's BMW i always feel like i should wave to other BMWs....they aren't cool like that though. Man, the jeep wave has really screwed me up. Actually, it became kind of a PITA to wave to every Wrangler that drove by...there are a lot of them on the road. I'd be taking a sip of coffee and sure enough one would pass and wave and i would look like an a-hole for not waving.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
On second thought I have noticed that the head nod works... But now that I have tint it's all pointless.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
lol i have a first gen i noticed that to that only people with the first gen will wave never seen a 2 gen wave back to me but they stare at my truck at a light lol
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
0wrx2 is on a distinguished road
0wrx2's Tacoma Gallery
in the subaru community we all would wave, wrx's and sti's mostly. ive passed others in wrx's that literally have rolled the window down from the opposite side of the freeway to throw a wave. pretty cool to see other enthusiasts like that out there.

in tacomas, not so much... ive tried to nod or casually wave at a few that looked modded but got no response. oh well. ill keep trying.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
haha I always tend to give a fist pump but hardly ever get any back. Amazingly, a guy in a speedway blue taco honked his horn and waved to me yesterday. I was so focused on the conversation at hand that I missed the opportunity to send a fist pump or head nod

I for one will continue to acknowledge other Taco owners on the road
It could be megan fox in a tacoma and i would acknowledge her if she gave a fist pump....
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
lol i have a first gen i noticed that to that only people with the first gen will wave never seen a 2 gen wave back to me but they stare at my truck at a light lol
And what we're thinking is: "That's cool that that Tacoma lasted so long...I guess I made a good choice!!"

Personally, when I rode a motorcycle I always thought it was kind of annoying having to wave to all the other bikers, but that's probably just me. I like to ride to have time to think and enjoy the solitude, not to 'socialize' with people I don't even know. Yeah...I'm anti-social, so sue me.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
haha I always tend to give a fist pump but hardly ever get any back. Amazingly, a guy in a speedway blue taco honked his horn and waved to me yesterday. I was so focused on the conversation at hand that I missed the opportunity to send a fist pump or head nod

I for one will continue to acknowledge other Taco owners on the road
Fist pump? Are you from Jersey?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Well I wave to everybody if I'm back home in Polk Co(very small town) but when im at school or something like that i dont unless I know them or its a taco
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #15
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #16
sthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsthrnprd116 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
sthrnprd116's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wondered this too. I had a Cherokee before and there seemed to be an understanding that if you drove a Cherokee with a lift or any other mods you waved. Maybe I can't wave until I get a lift and new tires?????
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

I forgot you were in GC...

But on topic, i usually only wave to modded tacos since they are ore likely to be like us and actually wave back.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wrx2 View Post
in the subaru community we all would wave, wrx's and sti's mostly. ive passed others in wrx's that literally have rolled the window down from the opposite side of the freeway to throw a wave. pretty cool to see other enthusiasts like that out there.

in tacomas, not so much... ive tried to nod or casually wave at a few that looked modded but got no response. oh well. ill keep trying.
Yeah my friend drives a 08 wrx and one day some other guy in a subaru started waving and I ask my friend if he knew him and he said its just a common thing that they do.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #19
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
On a bike yes, on a vehicle, no. Damn cagers
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I do....guess it is a southern thing. i dont care who it is, I will wave