Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A Chance to Help Others

Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #1
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
A Chance to Help Others

Since we have such a great group of people here with varied backgrounds and interests, I would like to let you know about a web site you can go to to help people in need. If you go to www.thebreastcancersite.com there is a link you can click on everyday (for free) and your support helps fund mammograms for those who may otherwise not be able to afford it. There are also links to several other charities you may be interested in helping such as, Child Health, Hunger, Literacy, Rainforest, and another of my particular favorites-Animal Rescue. Again, all you have to do is click on the box that says "Click Here To Give" and you help support the cause. Doesn't get much easier than that. Of course they do have a section where you can buy various products and a portion of your purchase goes toward additional help, but there's no obligation to do so. I just thought I would pass this along as I'm sure as a goup we could really help make a difference. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I am not with a woman I care very much about right now because she's a breast cancer survivor...two years ago...and she's pretty sure the cancer has come back but now in her legs. Nothing can be done about it, she does not want to put anyone through what she is about to go through.

52 years old, a son and several beautiful grandkids.

I donate every chance I get. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for posting. im sure we all could find a way to start giving more to various groups whether church or community funds or breast cancer research.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #5
Protected by GSD security systems
Nimbus 2008 is on a distinguished road

Nimbus 2008's Tacoma Gallery
I keep these types of links bookmarked & run through them every once in a while. Hope it helps the way they claim.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I click that as many times as I can. If it can save 1 person than it is worth it.

I made it a sticky for more visibility.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Banshee.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 AM   #8
ROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to behold
Name: John
ROMbler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus 2008 View Post
I keep these types of links bookmarked & run through them every once in a while. Hope it helps the way they claim.
Same here... I've added this one to the list.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #10

Thanks to everyone who is helping to support this worthwhile cause. For the month of September if the site gets 10 million clicks the sponsor will fund 100 free mammograms to those who may otherwise not be able to afford them. They are currently 15% of the way there. It's a great cause and doesn't cost anything but a few seconds of your time.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 AM   #12

Not really sure, but I think you can only click once a day.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
You can also sign up for email reminders! I've been signed up for the animal rescue for awhile. now I'm signed up for the breast cancer one as well! Makes it even easier to help out!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #15

Thought I'd use this opportunity to bump this thread up a bit. It seems there are many of our members' lives being touched by cancer in one form or another. Going to this free website and clicking on the link each day can help to save lives by providing mammograms to underprivileged women. I put the site in my favorites and just click on it each day (along with the one to provide for animals in shelters). It only takes a minute and could make a huge difference in the life of a woman and her family.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #16
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for this info
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
Sarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Ssgt 0369, 8511 3/2 Camp Lejune
Sarge2's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if this is a repost but.....If you want to help returning Marines with injuries go to http://www.semperfifund.org/
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #19

This month, all clicks on the breast cancer.com website are worth double.
They want to help fund 500 mammograms for those in need this month. All it takes is a click.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
How weird! I was just thinking about posting this after I clicked this morning! But you actually got you butt here and did it!