Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Snow Blower advice

Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Blower advice

I live in central Jersey with my girl friends parents at the moment. They have an old snowblower that has really struggled this season. I know this kind of snowfall is not common, but since I'm moving out I'd like to buy them a new blower since I'm not going to be able to help.

Can anyone recommend a blower that they have experience with in this area? I'm thinking a mid range two stage blower... Any advice would be great.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up one of these, it was the only 2 stage i could find locally. I used for the first time today and it went through that nasty wet snow no problem.

http://www.shopwiki.com/_MTD+Pro+277...17134&s=784327
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

ChopperCam's Tacoma Gallery
This should do the trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Snow Blower advice-snowblower.jpg  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Look at Ariens, or Toro. I have had a Toro for about 8 years. Starts on the second pull everytime
Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCam View Post
This should do the trick.
That's just overkill... he only needs a walk-behind!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhL7GhHmADs&NR=1
Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poot Klopp View Post
thank you sir I guess I'll have to look into what local shops have
No problem I picked mine up from sears.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
For what its worth...

We have a North Star (Northern Tool?) 24" 5hp, 6 forward speeds & 2 reverse speeds. I'm not even sure if they make this one anymore.

This thing is probably 10 years old and its been flawless. Starts each and every time even after sitting in the shed for majority of the year. No rust....and keeps on ticking.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's just overkill... he only needs a walk-behind!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhL7GhHmADs&NR=1
If it doesn't have four wheel drive its not a snow blower.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a craftsman 28" the 6 fwd gear/2 reverse type.
Its great, has worked in all conditions & snow without fail.
Keep a few shear pins around is all.
The only I do not like is the cheap plastic throw thingy.
Otherwise it does its job like a champ! I do tons of paths for Simon.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
whatever you do, do everyone a favor and get a propelled blower. I have a little craftsmen that you have to push... it sucks... Your back will hate you after a little while. Plus it does not completely pick up everything. Have to go over the snow a few times to get most of it up.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
do not buy a sears model. My dad is ready to light it on fire because the driveshaft and just about the whole engine has been replaced. we have used the warranty and more to fix it. now our 20 year old john deere on the other hand still works amazing
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
roadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a Troy-Bilt 26" 2 stage snow thrower. MTD makes it.they also make craftsmen. It works very good.however 6 forward speeds are 4 too many,unless you are jogging behind it. Buy it directly from the troy-bilt web site and get free shipping.