Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Reason #236 to quit smoking..........

Old 08-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Reason #236 to quit smoking..........

A little background.........I love those little peppermint candies, and my Wife makes sure that my center console is propperly stocked with them all the time. She puts them under the power ports.............
So, Im running my errands this morning, and some time durring my little trip, my Bic lighter slides off the seat and under it. I realize that I have a cig. lighter in my truck. I have never used it in the 19 months I have had this truck. SO, I push it in, waiting.......waiting...........wait.....POP! It shoots out of the socket and falls right into the mints wich promptly catch on FIRE! Being the prioritizer that I am, I quickly lit my stogey, then dumped my water bottle on the flames. Truck seems fine, but I lost a dozen or so mints to the blaze.

Just thought I would warn those fellow TW'ers that like an occasional smoke while driveing to not carry flamables (who would have thought those mints would go up in flames so quickly?) under the lighter, and to COVER THAT DAM THING IT CASE IT POPS OUT!

That is all........
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damned toasty mints!!!

the flamage didn't melt any plastic did it Chris??
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
That really sucks man..... not to mention when you drop ashes on your seat and burn it..... that also suckass
Old 08-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah when i burn stuff i sometimes use the cig lighter on the taco. it always seems like its going to pop out and hit my leg or something
Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
damned toasty mints!!!

the flamage didn't melt any plastic did it Chris??
Not that I can tell. Truck has that sweet "Burnt plastic" smell now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
That really sucks man..... not to mention when you drop ashes on your seat and burn it..... that also suckass
Thats why I have Wet Okole seat covers. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah when i burn stuff i sometimes use the cig lighter on the taco. it always seems like its going to pop out and hit my leg or something
Now that I know it will LAUNCH out of its holder, I have put the cig lighter in a safer place......My trash can.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah. that reminds me. anybody seen ratrace with the biker scene??
Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Not that I can tell. Truck has that sweet "Burnt plastic" smell now.

Thats why I have Wet Okole seat covers. LOL

Now that I know it will LAUNCH out of its holder, I have put the cig lighter in a safer place......My trash can.
well my system works very well, do not smoke in the truck, i barely smoke, i smoked a couple yesterday and i hadn't smoked for 4 moths or so....

and yea your lighter belongs on the trash, maybe its time to convert that output to another 12v outlet....
Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #8

or a boost/ nitrous button
Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
and yea your lighter belongs on the trash, maybe its time to convert that output to another 12v outlet....
Allready done.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
My cigarette lighter has never worked.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #11

whats reason #1-235?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #12

Quote:
whats reason #1-235?
#235 is when driveing with a friend and you rear end another car, your cig. will drop into your shorts, thus burning your ass. Yes it happened to me and the insurance co. gave me $100.00.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #13

dude seriously you got a hundred bucks
Old 08-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #14

Quote:
dude seriously you got a hundred bucks
Yep. And a burned ass. I was gonna quit smokeing, but, They gave me a hundred bucks, so I figured I would buy more smokes.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #15

i like your thinking. but seriously though it is bad for ya.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #16
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Bic FTW

I don't smoke in my truck though, don't want it to smell like an Ashtrey in there.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Yeah. I know. So is alot of the stuff I do. I dont smoke much anymore. But I enjoy a cigar in my truck, and on the patio now and then. No more cigarretts for me.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Bic FTW

I don't smoke in my truck though, don't want it to smell like an Ashtrey in there.
Thast why you start a small plastic fire in the cab.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Being the prioritizer that I am, I quickly lit my stogey, then dumped my water bottle on the flames.
That's some quick thinking. Cool under pressure. Nice!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #20
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eh, just start late. If you start in your 40's you'll be like 85 when you have to start worrying about cancer. By then, who cares.