1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just going to vent for a sec.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Will, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    Will

Will [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lansdale, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Pioneer Premier P600UB Access Lorado WeatherTech FloorLiner
    I'm driving out of the subdivision late this morning. I'm slowing to a stop because there's a stop sign. I see someone there with a snow blower clearing off the sidewalk. I'm almost at a stop and he keeps backing up, apparently not paying attention to the road at all. I'm almost stopped and he backs right into the bed of my truck. I'm like.. what.. the.. I get out. Dude's clearly in some pain. Duh. You backed into a moving vehicle. That's gonna hurt.

Then he starts yelling at me saying I hit him. That's when I lost all the sympathy I had. YOU WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Don't blame that on me.

He was pretty heated. Almost like he wanted to fight. He then says he's reporting me to the HOA. Yeah, okay. Whatever. He's pissed and says, "you need to just leave". I then go on to wherever I was going. Got to thinking about it. Should I call the cops even thought he said go on? I did. Should've stayed there and called the cops then, but I wasn't thinking straight.

Turns out he called the cops right as I did. I head back to the house and wait on the cops. They went to talk to him first (different street than me). They then came and looked at my truck and could see where he hit (not as dirty as the other parts). They did see it the same way I did. He wasn't paying attention and hit me.

There's no damage to my truck thankfully. And this is 3 weeks after I get my truck back after I did hit someone. 3 years of babying my truck and this crap happens. I'm a nervous wreck driving now.

Sorry for the length. Carry on.

2. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    Punch his lights out with a cold knuckle sandwich!

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
  4. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah....With his attitude I woulda called the cops or the HOA rep ASAP. No reason to let him try to get out in front of it.

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    people are just dumb... shoulda backed over him after the confrontation just to say "there... now I hit you..." :cool: jk... maybe he will pay attention next time....

6. Jan 30, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    Will

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lansdale, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    He definitely deserved to get his ass kicked. Really talked a lot of shit. Still blows my mind how he genuinely thought I hit him.

7. Jan 30, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    God I hate hoa's!

8. Jan 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I'm not sticking up for him, he was clearly wrong, especially losing his temper after he hit you. If he was in the street, he was wrong. I wear earplugs when I'm using the snowblower, and this last storm, I was in the street clearing around the mailbox when a car drove by behind me. I didn't hear it coming at all and it scared me pretty good. I could easily have backed out in front of it, I was paying more attention to what I was doing and not watching for cars. Lesson learned.

9. Jan 30, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    i'm a little confused...he was walking backwards and ran into your truck and he goes off on you? i woulda felt damn ashamed of myself walking into another mans truck, my face would have been redder than a fuckin tomato.

10. Jan 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I'd be glad that the police got a clear understanding. You never know when you could get screwed in a situation like that.

11. Feb 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    Will

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lansdale, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Okay, I didn't notice until late this week there's a small dent on the side of the bed right above the rear passenger tire. What's the best way to fix it?

12. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    If you do that, you definitely will be in trouble. A d-bag who says its your fault when it clearly wasn't will definitely file assault charges. That sucks man, I hate it when people are like that. Some fucking people...

13. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    TTGuy711

TTGuy711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    21 DCSB OR
    Take it to a shop and give him the bill :D

14. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    Sneak down to his house tonight and throw all the snow back on his sidewalk ;)

15. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Will

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lansdale, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    In a perfect world I would do just that. If it was another car that hit me I'd let insurance take care of it. But how the heck do you deal with a situation like this? Get a lawyer? Would my insurance company go after him? I'd still have to pay the deductible, and there's no way this would cost $500 to fix, so I'd be out this money unless the insurance company got the money out of him.

16. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    TTGuy711

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    21 DCSB OR
    The only thing I can think of is that you got the police involved, so if necessary you could get it fixed and if he has any problems bring up the police report. But this guy doesn't seem like a halfway decent person so it might be tough.

They do make kits that are pretty much suction cups like this http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM74449373 and it'll pop the dent out, though I'm not sure how well they work. Or if you can reach behind where the dent is you can use a rubber mallet and lightly tap until the dent pops out. That's what I did when I had my old Ford Ranger and my brother ran into my bed when we were playing football.

Hope I helped!

17. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    Will

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lansdale, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Not sure if I can reach behind, I'll give that a shot in a few days. If that doesn't work, I'll try the suction cup. Amazon has some for $4-$5.

18. Feb 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    TTGuy711

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    21 DCSB OR
    Just be sure to read the reviews on them. The bondo one seems to not work very well from what I've read.

Products Discussed in

To Top