Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Shipping an engine. Has anone done this or shipped something heavy?

Old 01-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping an engine. Has anone done this or shipped something heavy?

I found an engine for another project I have going and am wondering if anyone has ever shipped an engine or any other large item.

I checked a few online shipping places and am getting quotes in the $300.
It's a small engine for my samurai and can weigh more than 300lbs, i'm guessing.

Anyone use a specific company and had good results.
Shipping from parma ohio to easley, sc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
I've shipped a couple Chevy trannys. I used Conway. I do alot of work through a vendor and can use his loading dock.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
I've shipped a couple Chevy trannys. I used Conway. I do alot of work through a vendor and can use his loading dock.
I found a quote for $176 which isnt to bad.
I don't have a loading dock but can ship it to the local 4x4 center.
Crazy how having a loading dock and being a business cuts the rate nearly in half.
I'm just hoping this fella wants to go thru the trouble of palletizing and wrapping it real good for shippment as he says he has never done it before.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have shipped with Estes, and had good results

Justin
Old 01-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
I have shipped with Estes, and had good results

Justin
Thanks. Bookmarked them.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Put a few stamps on it and leave it at the end of the driveway next to the mailbox.