1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cops and gun enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Ok, so i know we have a gun section, but it often gets overlooked so i'm putting this here first, since i want as much attention (especially from LEO) as possible. I have a mossberg 590 special purpose. I got it for home protection. here is the problem, if i ever NEED it, it will most likely be dark. have you ever tried to carry around a 20 inch barrel shotgun with 13 rounds in it AND flashlight? unless you have an oppose-able (btw, i know that oppose-able is not correct but thats what auto correct gave me so i went with it) dick, its not possible. I've got a couple cop buddies who have let me play with their 590 and they have a badass high output LED light on the pump, which is pressure activated. This is what i want. the problem is, i've seen huge differences in prices and dont know which one to buy. so i'm looking for advice from either gun aficionado's or more specifically, LEO since they are the guns that have the light i like. Also, if there are any cops in my state who could get me a deal on one.... maybe from the cola area.... i'd appreciate it. (PM if needed). oh and btw, if the mods need to move this to the gun section thats cool, unless its chris4x4, in which case i will text him once a day for the rest of his life. go ahead and test me big guy :cool::cool:

edit: before anyone corrects me, yes it is 13 rounds. 8 in the mag, 1 in the hole, and 4 in the stock. this adds significant weight and makes it just that much more "unwieldy"

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    First, If you textr me, I'll kick the shit out of you. Second, Learn to navigate your house with no light. A Light can give away your location to a bad guy. Use the light only to identify a target once your in the general proximity. Also, lighting is a tough one. Too many lumens, and the light can affect your vision due to "bouceing" of the light off the walls. Too little, and it wont illuminate very well. I prefer an 100 lmn. light for the house, when its dark out. An LED will have longer battery life, and no bulbs to burn out, but may be expensive.

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    being that i'd assume this post is directly aimed at me :anonymous:

a)we use the surefire (unsure which) on our 590s, however ours have 14" barrels so they are a little bit easier to carry than yours

b)no i cant get you a deal

4. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  5. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  6. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    the problem with those surefires tho...are the cr123 batteries...they dont last long enough for my liking and theyre expensive

7. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  8. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    if you drive to SC and party with me i will actually let you kick me in the balls and we can video it and put it on TW. just ask the guys at the last meet i went to (a long time ago). I'm down for the fun. good point on the lumens. and the light is not to walk through the house on. the purpose is to light up the guy just long enough to know i'm not shooting him in the back. here in SC if a dude's in you house and he's not suppose to be there you can pretty much do whatever you want and not get convicted, but if you shoot him in the back you're fucked. so i need the light to make sure i dont make any mistakes. and fyi, i have a 2 story A frame house, there's not much to maneuver around

i know, i'm very jealous of your tiny barrels. i considered getting one but didn't want to get the license to go with it. but thanks for the info. i know you guys have that store that give discounts to cops...... thats how i got my glock. so you ain't gonna pull through for a brother? lame dude. lame.....

9. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    20" barrell and 13 rounds?
    Your extension must stick out a foot past the barrel end?
    Or do you have a Siaga with a mag?

10. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Just a thought, but is 13 rounds really neccesary? It might make it a bit easier to carry if you only load 4 or 5. you're not trying to blow away all evidence that there was another human being in your house, and some people might consider 13 rounds into 1 dude to be just a tad bit....excessive...

11. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    4 of the rounds are in the stock. just pointing out that it adds extra weight. basically pointing out that its impossible to carry a flashlight with the thing since its too big and heavy to handle with one hand

12. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    there are stores that offer discounts on firearms...but not other stuff...i pay the same thing you do...and usually you can find it cheaper online

8 in the mag 4 in the stock and 1 in the chamber

13. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    not saying i'd use all 13. but you never know how many people will be in your house, or how many times you'll miss while you're adrenaline is rushing and your under pressure

its like going to a strip club. i rarely spend over $20 bucks, but i go in with a few hundred..... just in case :D

14. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
  15. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    checked out those links jeff. i was hoping we had some cheaper options but i figured i'd be buying the higher end stuff. sucks that the light is about the same price as the gun.....

16. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Chris, that sounds like the info i'm looking for. i'm looking for low lumens. all i need to know if the direction he's facing, nothing else. my wife and i have an agreement. if we wake up, and there is obviously someone in the house. and we reach over and feel the other person. we will get up, and shoot the balls out of whatever is in our house, no questions asked. i just dont want to shoot anyone in the back.

17. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Understandable.

Personally, if I met someone serious enough to pull out a shotgun, I'd be cleaning up my shit (literally) and getting the hell out of there.

If there were a few of me, and we meant business, 1 guy hit in the chest, and another shot into the floor would be enough for me. The other guy doesn't need to know that you only have 2 or 3 more shots, vice 10 more shots.

18. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    so why are these so much cheaper than the ones jeff posted? and how do they mount? do you need to buy a new pump?

19. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    never show up to a gunfight with a knife, and never show up to a gun fight with less ammo than the other guy. i have a very strong sense of self preservation, but i have an even stronger sense when it comes to my wife. if i die, no big deal, i wont care, i'll be dead. but if my wife died i would fall apart. btw, my wife andmy little sis are going to get their CWP this weekend :)..... in a class taught by my uncle and the range run by my dad. our family REALLY believes in the 2nd amendment.

20. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i just noticed you are from canada. from what i can tell from what i've read and what other members have told me. if there is a stranger in your house, robbing or threatening you. and you kill him, you will most likely end up in jail. not a criticism or anything, just wondering if thts how extreme it is up there

Products Discussed in

To Top