Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Should I go to the postal police?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
Should I go to the postal police?

Last month, I sold a bunch of textbooks on eBay. About a week after I shipped them, I received notice that one of the buyers was potentially fraudulent, and that he deleted his eBay account. I couldn't really do anything, since I had already shipped the books out.

This morning (4 weeks after shipping the books), I get an email from eBay saying the guy opened a case against me, and he claims to have not received the book. I promptly reply with a scanned copy of the receipt from the post office, and no tracking number, just proof that I sent the book via media mail. Minutes later, he closes the case, no further questions asked.

After going back to his eBay page, it showed that he went from having no feedback within the last 12 months, to having almost 30 within the past month. Originally he had about 20 positive feedback points but those were over a year ago. My guess is, I wasn't the only person he tried to dupe.

My question is, should I contact the postal police and provide them with this information? It's pretty obvious that it was a hacked eBay account, and the guy used it to try and scam a bunch of people. I wasnt affected, but he might be able to get some undeserved refunds from some other unlucky sellers.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Report him to Ebay, although it sounds like nothing really went wrong... You got your money, he apparently got the item you sent and there was no case formed. Some people just get antsy and immediately go on the offensive, maybe he just didn't wait long enough for the item to arrive. Regardless, I highly highly doubt that the Postal Police would be at all interested in Ebay shenanigans.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You got your money and he got the books... what's the problem?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be contacting eBay later today. I know that he received the book. The reason I'm even asking is because he tried to scam me into giving him a refund for a book he received, and it appears he may have attempted the same with other eBay sellers, some of whom may have not saved their shipping receipts and may be forced to issue refunds.

If this guy turns out to be a scammer, then a paper trail would help the police identify him as such, wouldn't it?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Report him to Ebay, although it sounds like nothing really went wrong... You got your money, he apparently got the item you sent and there was no case formed. Some people just get antsy and immediately go on the offensive, maybe he just didn't wait long enough for the item to arrive. Regardless, I highly highly doubt that the Postal Police would be at all interested in Ebay shenanigans.
I concur
Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
a receipt doesn't matter as far as ebay and paypal are concerned. The only thing that will protect you is signed confirmation. Even a tracking number saying it was delevered won't protect you. It's complete bs, found it out the hard way after some guy tried to scam me. Now whenever i sell anything worth 100 bucks or more i ship it signed confirmation.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
You got your money and he got the books... what's the problem?
x2 if he closed the claim right away, i wouldn't worry about it.