Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Borgs.............

Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Borgs.............

I looked around the restaurant. There were five tables,
counting mine, within sight. At every table (my table was the
exception), there was at least one person on a cell phone.

I thought as I surveyed the scene, 'Is this what we've come to?
Permanently tethered to an invisible electronic line? Are we so
caught up that we can't even eat without being involved with
some electronic device?'

What a shame. What have we succumbed to? Are we becoming like
the Star Trek Borg creatures? Creatures who cannot exist without
being electronically tied into the collective?

I was so disturbed by the thought that I just refused to witness
it further.

Someone has to take a stand!

So I closed up my notebook computer and walked out.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
FireMedic518 is on a distinguished road

FireMedic518's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to FireMedic518
I find it ironic you then home and posted this......
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic518 View Post
I find it ironic you then home and posted this......
It was an e-mail I received as a Joke. Irony indeed.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
FireMedic518 is on a distinguished road

FireMedic518's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to FireMedic518
lol. Irony is my favorite form of humor. Well I'm getting off my computer and heading to the bars.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
They ran the viewers choice marathon of Star Trek The Next Generation last weekend on the Sci-fi channel.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
It's the dorks that walk around with the blue tooth stuff that I think is funny/annoying.
yep......them people drive me crazy!!!!! you look around, and think they are talking to you, then ya notice they have an ear bud thing in their ear, and they are yapping away!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep......them people drive me crazy!!!!! you look around, and think they are talking to you, then ya notice they have an ear bud thing in their ear, and they are yapping away!!!
Yup!

Talk about looking like a borg.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:00 AM   #9
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Atleast they're not trying to assimilate you.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #11
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, Zoe Saldana is going to be the new Lt Uhura!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Resistance is futile.
Red Alert! Raise shields!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #14
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I keep telling my boss that it's a cell phone and not life support device, and I refuse to answer it everytime it rings. I work construction and my hands often have tools and wet concrete, and will get the message when I am DAMN good and ready.