Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone have ACL Surgery for their dog ?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
TacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really nice

Name: KenDog.....
TacomaRoamer's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have ACL Surgery for their dog ?

Just came home after a two day surgery ordeal involving my 3 1/2 year old lab/mastiff. I live in the stix so I had to get a hotel in the city to get the operation done as it was a 2 day ordeal . Were all home now and hes doing great, sporting a shaved rear-end and moraphine patches on his shaved back end for the pain. The road to recovery is a long one....
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
My female yellow lab had it done. Pretty shitty, and pretty expensive too. We took her to a guy in Seattle to have it done. All will be well though
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
TacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really nice

Its not cheap thats for sure, I walked out 2200$ poorer, but the place I took him too is suppose to be a top notch Hospital with a good orthepidic surgeon so I payed A bit more than the norm I think. He chases those damn wild deer that run wild In the area and screwed himself up good, lost his footing I think.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
$4000 dollars in my female yellow labs right achile. Duck hunting did it to her, but two years later she still runs out of the blind and fetches the ducks like nothing's normal... After the hunt though she limps around pretty bad. This year
may be her last season, she just goes through too much pain after a hunt even though she loves it. We need a new pup so she can just supervise out in the duck blind.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaRoamer View Post
Just came home after a two day surgery ordeal involving my 3 1/2 year old lab/mastiff. I live in the stix so I had to get a hotel in the city to get the operation done as it was a 2 day ordeal . Were all home now and hes doing great, sporting a shaved rear-end and moraphine patches on his shaved back end for the pain. The road to recovery is a long one....
yea my gf has a boerbol mastiff and he had it done but be careful cuz it can happen again alot easier now and hes had it done twice so just watch ur dog so it wont happen again
Old 02-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
yea my gf has a boerbol mastiff and he had it done but be careful cuz it can happen again alot easier now and hes had it done twice so just watch ur dog so it wont happen again

I will for sure, going to have to keep a tight reign on him so he doesnt break his artificial ligaminet.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Keep an eye on the other leg while he is healing cause he will be using that to compensate and puts it at risk for being injured, especially for a large dog. Don't rush the recovery, but at the same time make sure he starts using that leg soon so the muscles can start to strengthen again. When he's on those pain meds he may try and push himself a little too much since he won't realize his limits.
If he's even the least bit on the heavy side, any weight loss will help, he should be on the low end of his ideal body condition to keep his joints healthy. My Vet suggests a joint supplement called PhyCox for any joint issue http://www.entirelypets.com/phycoxjs.html .
My neighbor has 2 dane/boxer mixes and 1 recently tore his ACL and needed surgery, he's doing fine now but has to have the other knee repaired due to arthritis and he's only 5yrs old.

Best of luck and a quick recovery to your pup...how about a pic . I had a mutt who people thought could have been a lab/mastiff mix, he passed last year.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
Keep an eye on the other leg while he is healing cause he will be using that to compensate and puts it at risk for being injured, especially for a large dog. Don't rush the recovery, but at the same time make sure he starts using that leg soon so the muscles can start to strengthen again. When he's on those pain meds he may try and push himself a little too much since he won't realize his limits.
If he's even the least bit on the heavy side, any weight loss will help, he should be on the low end of his ideal body condition to keep his joints healthy. My Vet suggests a joint supplement called PhyCox for any joint issue http://www.entirelypets.com/phycoxjs.html .
My neighbor has 2 dane/boxer mixes and 1 recently tore his ACL and needed surgery, he's doing fine now but has to have the other knee repaired due to arthritis and he's only 5yrs old.

Best of luck and a quick recovery to your pup...how about a pic . I had a mutt who people thought could have been a lab/mastiff mix, he passed last year.
Thnx for your insight and kind words. I would post some pictures but I havnt quite figured out how to do this just yet (Newbee) I have a few pics of the Big Lugg in my gallery though....
Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
We payed 2800 for our akita same scenario chased coons though came back and was limping and whining now he's all fixed up and still chasing those damn coons
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #10
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaRoamer View Post
Thnx for your insight and kind words. I would post some pictures but I havnt quite figured out how to do this just yet (Newbee) I have a few pics of the Big Lugg in my gallery though....
He's a big ol cutie for sure!! Good looking pup, I hope he heals quickly and gets back to running around.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Best wishes to your dog during her recovery. My friend's rottweiler tore fully on one side and partially on another side while playing in the snow. He slipped on an icy patch and the legs kind of did the splits. She fixed it in the Seattle area for about $4000. Poor guy was just helpless for a while. Happened about 6 months ago.