Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Napa Sucks

Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Napa Sucks

Today was the second time in the last two weeks that the bastards have given me the wrong parts for my wife's Subaru. This time it was the brake pads, and of course, I didn't figure it out until after I had taken everything apart.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
them bastards. hopefully they will get it right. when life serves me a plate of shit. i just jump in the taco and everything seems better
Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Today was the second time in the last two weeks that the bastards have given me the wrong parts for my wife's Subaru. This time it was the brake pads, and of course, I didn't figure it out until after I had taken everything apart.
you'll have that from time to time man. half the people who work at parts stores...even with computers in front of them, really dont know anything about parts.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
yup, blame the employees, not so much the store
Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
where i am napa is where u go for the better service, all the other places are more or less un-knowledged. most of the guys at the napa here know their shtuff
Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
This happened at two different stores. Lesson learned though, I'll look up the parts numbers online on the Napa website before I go to the store.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
This happened at two different stores. Lesson learned though, I'll look up the parts numbers online on the Napa website before I go to the store.
thats what i do.... maybe thats why they seem so smart....

-not sarcasm
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
It happened to me and I have learned my lesson...you really have to verify the parts! I am certainly not saying that is the way it should be, but it saves blood pressure medicine and migraines, especially the stuff they pick for you behind the counter because stuff gets stocked in the wrong spot. I try to make a habit even in the stores that are self serve. Shelf labels aren't worth the sticker they are printed on sometimes!!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
Wrath of the runbird
Bakemono is on a distinguished road

Bakemono's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bakemono
Id agree that its not Napa that sucks, its the people working there. I now make a habit of checking the parts they give me to make sure they are right.
I have an incident a couple months back where one of the sparkplugs ejected in my F-150 and when I went to get the parts from Carquest, they gave me the wrong sparkplugs. Instead of giving me Autolite Double Platinums, they gave me Autolite Copper Core. The Copper Cores will work, but they arent exactly the right sparkplugs for my truck. By the time I realized they gave me the wrong sparkplug, we already had the sparkplug hole tapped and helicoiled, so we just said "screw it" and put the CC plug in. So far, so good...