Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Gas 4.85 in Birmingham, WTF Sept 12

Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Synapse is on a distinguished road

Synapse's Tacoma Gallery
Gas 4.85 in Birmingham, WTF Sept 12

Gas was 3.59 on average around here yesterday, and today it shot up to 3.99 to 4.85 in parts of the city. Total BS, the wholesale price is 2.70ish and the price a barrel went below $100 today. Even with Ian, what the hell is going on. I got to figure out a way to get this out.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i really didnt know that texas oil platforms could cause so much price change.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah i really didnt know that texas oil platforms could cause so much price change.
They can't, its media induced panic causing all this.

I have heard of places having up to $7 a gallon right now in the US. No way that losing 20% of our supply temporarily will cause prices to more than double.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats just crazy.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
i am in georgia and there are places that have ran out of gas and everyone is charging $5 a gal when the other day it was like 3.50. total BS imo
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #6

im willing to bet that its going to go back down. this gas is just a conspiracy.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I just filled up in R.I. - $3.59.9 9/13@ 3 PM
Old 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Filled up Thursday afternoon for $3.39, Saturday afternoon at 3:30pm this price has gone up to $3.59 here in KC. Let's hope all the refineries in Houston and the surrounding area all did not have much damage. Again we need to build more refineries, so all of our refining capacity is not in one area. They refine about 20% of the nations gas in the Houston area.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
The gas station onwers who raise prices in the event such as a hurricane are no better than looters and should be treated as such.

This is why I applaud when I read stories of people stealing gas from gas stations.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, sweet crude at $100 a barrel but gas at $5 a gallon. Let's think about the math here. 55 gallons in a barrel x $5 a gallon = $275. Anyone else see the ironic difference here?

I'm sure it costs money to refine it and ship it all over the world, but do you really believe that it costs this much to refine it at the quantity that they do? I don't, but I'm just a fuel oil dependant US Citizen. On a side note, it looks as if home heating oil is going to kick my ass this winter. Maybe time to get a pellet stove. Anyone have any timber they need cut?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
Hmm, sweet crude at $100 a barrel but gas at $5 a gallon. Let's think about the math here. 55 gallons in a barrel x $5 a gallon = $275. Anyone else see the ironic difference here?

I'm sure it costs money to refine it and ship it all over the world, but do you really believe that it costs this much to refine it at the quantity that they do? I don't, but I'm just a fuel oil dependant US Citizen. On a side note, it looks as if home heating oil is going to kick my ass this winter. Maybe time to get a pellet stove. Anyone have any timber they need cut?
When I bought my house in '98, I got on a budget plan for heating oil. $40.00 a month, with the supplier giving us a check in June if there was surplus money in the account. Last month we got our estimated monthly payment, $180.00. I about sh*t.

On the tree issue, I have over 75 Oak trees, up to and over 100' tall, free to anyone who wants to cut them down and haul them away. Just don't hit the house.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
On the tree issue, I have over 75 Oak trees, up to and over 100' tall, free to anyone who wants to cut them down and haul them away. Just don't hit the house.
Don't know if I can make any promises about not hitting the house. Maybe I'll work the chainsaw a little more around mine, won't look so bad on an insurance claim.