1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to fix the economy and get our nation out of debt?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Killer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Also
    - stop building with wood
    - find your own electrical supply
    - find somewhere else to get half your oil

2. Mar 7, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    Reaganomics i.e Supply side economics does not work....

it has been proven over the 30 years that supply side economics has created the problems we have now.

In 2003, 450 economists, including ten Nobel Prize laureate, signed the Economists' statement opposing the Bush tax cuts, sent to President Bush stating that "these tax cuts will worsen the long-term budget outlook...

Prior to the 1980s, conservatives were fiscally conservative— that is, they were unwilling to spend more than they collected in taxes. But Reaganomics introduced the idea that virtually any tax cut would so stimulate growth that the government would end up taking in more revenue in the end (the so-called Laffer curve). In fact, the traditional view was correct: if you cut taxes without cutting spending, you end up with a damaging deficit. Thus the Reagan tax cuts of the 1980s produced a big deficit; the Clinton tax increases of the 1990s produced a surplus; and the Bush tax cuts of the early 21st century produced an even larger deficit.

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) summarized a variety of studies done by economists across the political spectrum that indicated tax cuts do not pay for themselves and increase deficits.

Economist Nouriel Roubini wrote in October 2010 that the Republican Party was "trapped in a belief in voodoo economics, the economic equivalent of creationism"

Reagan was a token figurehead for big business...

3. Mar 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Drill a hole in the ground :mad: for God's sake; the deer are just gonna have to go around it.

4. Mar 8, 2011 at 3:49 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Regardless of how impressed you are with yourself, the point is that you are still just a kid. We've all been there and will tell you we knew nothing at that age either, though we didn't know just how little we knew at the time...

... and the 70 yr old quote was obviously in reference to your Churchill quote, not the constitution...

5. Mar 8, 2011 at 4:02 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I would suggest to decrease government spending and increase the Taxes on Tabacco & Alcohol nationwide by $1 and have that $1 increase go directly to paying down the national debt.

6. Mar 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Here is Josh's BS opinion. Cut all foreign aid. Limit overseas spending to aid/assist with disaster and emergency management. Close the borders, and actively enforce immigration law. Limit the perks that prisoners get. ( I am in favor of some trade training, but not being able to get a doctorate while locked up) Put those on unemployment and welfare to work either picking up trash, clearing brush for the forrestry service, serving as lookouts on the border or some other useful service. Crack down on education, lets get caught up with the rest of the world. Severely limit government regulation into business. Limit political terms and therefore the damage that is done.

7. Mar 8, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Well, to start....QUIT SENDING MONEY TO ANY AND ALL COUNTRIES WHO DESPISE US AND PLOT AGAINST US. And until we have our shit together and can pay for what we need here for our LEGAL citizens to have shelter, food and REASONABLY priced medical coverage, no one else gets shit.

How about a 100% tax on any money being sent from this country to any other?

Quit allowing illegal immigrants to live better than law abiding citizens by handing out all this free shit other than a ride back to country of origin.

Prison should be prison, not a country club. No cable TV, no college degrees, grow your own food, make your own soap, no fuck visits, no online access....no nothing that makes it more attractive to live there than to participate and make a living like the rest of us.

Drill our own oil while developing something else dammit!

QUIT CHANGING SHIT TO MAKE IMMIGRANTS FEEL MORE AT HOME HERE! If they don't like it then they can go back where they came from. MAKE SHIT WHERE ACTUAL CITIZENS FEEL AT HOME IN OUR HOME!

Bring our jobs back here and quit making me talk to fucking India for customer service.

Mirror other countries' trade practices when doing business with them.

Flip this shit where the rest of the world's shit is subject to how we are doing not our shit being held hostage to whatever a bunch of fucktards are doing on the other side of the world. Let them ruin there own shit.

Nothing in legilative bills other than what it is advertised as.

Kill the lobbyist for profit industry.

How many more ideas y'all need. I could go on and on....BTW, vote for me in 2012!

8. Mar 8, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I'm a public transit driver and get this octo mom (to name just one that has 8 kids by 8 different fathers; 7 girls and 1 boy) she gets $1,300/month in foodstamps alone (they know how to use them as money to buy drugs etc. I hear theres some scam using carbonated beverages, too) She lives like a Queen. She complained the last time she got on the bus that her hips were sore (gee, I would have thought it was your c**t) I hear them all day long laughing and talking about how they're scamming the system.

One guy got on with a $7,000.00 electric wheelchair ( I know because he said so) while he and his "friends" (other welfare people) were laughing about it. 45 minutes later he rode past my bus on a bicycle and waved to me carrying a 12 pack of beer.

It's just ridiculous.

Steve

9. Mar 8, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    Great post...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

The myth of Reagan is a good read.. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20030729-503544.html

Products Discussed in

To Top