1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My NAPA experience

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by takern, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Mar 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Well I went into NAPA to redeem my warranty on my blown CV axle today. They covered it but to say that the guy in there was less than impressive would be a huge overstatement. i bring him my old one where the boot is literally ripped in half and he says "so what is the problem with this?" i kinda point at it and dont know what to say. after he inspects it for like 5 minutes he finally goes to the back to get a new one. he comes back out and hands it to me, still in box. i say thanks, have a nice day, and walk out. luckily I was smart enough to open it up and look inside when i get back to my truck and the dust cover has 3 huge dents on it and the teeth are shaved off in some places. so i take it back in and show him and he grabs a chisel and starts trying to reshape it. I stare at him and finally ask if he has another one. he goes to the back and finds one and brings it out. this one has no dust cover or c-clip, which is fine. i ask him to get the dust cover off my old one so i can put it on the new one. he hands me a chisel. no hammer or anything. finally he asks what the problem is and i ask for a hammer. he says they dont have any. I then ask for a large wrench. he says they dont have any. then he grabs a breaker bar and says here ya go and just stands there looking at me. so i just grab it and pop off the cover and c-clip and put it on the new one and walk out.

Customer service there sucks! I would get an axle elsewhere but because they did hold up the warranty ill just suck it up and take my free axle.

Thats it

2. Mar 8, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    You should've stuck that bastard with the chisel and walked the hell out.

3. Mar 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    SpazzyB

SpazzyB Master of the Prius...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryen
    neuf un six
    Vehicle:
    '04.5 vw stance machine
    :rofl:

4. Mar 8, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    Are you serious....lol.

5. Mar 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    LeftyTom

LeftyTom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yadkinville NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma AccessCab, 2WD, 5spd, SR5
    I have a couple of NAPA experiences, because at that time they were the only game in town. I found them to be overpriced and none too friendly, either.

Products Discussed in

To Top