Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My NAPA experience

Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
My NAPA experience

Well I went into NAPA to redeem my warranty on my blown CV axle today. They covered it but to say that the guy in there was less than impressive would be a huge overstatement. i bring him my old one where the boot is literally ripped in half and he says "so what is the problem with this?" i kinda point at it and dont know what to say. after he inspects it for like 5 minutes he finally goes to the back to get a new one. he comes back out and hands it to me, still in box. i say thanks, have a nice day, and walk out. luckily I was smart enough to open it up and look inside when i get back to my truck and the dust cover has 3 huge dents on it and the teeth are shaved off in some places. so i take it back in and show him and he grabs a chisel and starts trying to reshape it. I stare at him and finally ask if he has another one. he goes to the back and finds one and brings it out. this one has no dust cover or c-clip, which is fine. i ask him to get the dust cover off my old one so i can put it on the new one. he hands me a chisel. no hammer or anything. finally he asks what the problem is and i ask for a hammer. he says they dont have any. I then ask for a large wrench. he says they dont have any. then he grabs a breaker bar and says here ya go and just stands there looking at me. so i just grab it and pop off the cover and c-clip and put it on the new one and walk out.

Customer service there sucks! I would get an axle elsewhere but because they did hold up the warranty ill just suck it up and take my free axle.

Thats it
Old 03-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
You should've stuck that bastard with the chisel and walked the hell out.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
You should've stuck that bastard with the chisel and walked the hell out.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
LeftyTom has a spectacular aura aboutLeftyTom has a spectacular aura about
LeftyTom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of NAPA experiences, because at that time they were the only game in town. I found them to be overpriced and none too friendly, either.