Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Lets see your tattoos

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #581
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: The Big Red 1 - vet sense 93
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
It just awe struck me that someone would be comfortable completely free handing a tatt that big. Prolly won't be going to him. Just way outa my comfort zone.
Can't say that I blame ya.....here's the one I had done free hand.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #582
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Kase! Took about 20 hours total....3 sessions. Shady looking guy....in a house in the woods. Did all of it for $200. A shop would've charged a grand or more.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #583
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I wanted to get started on my half sleeve Phoenix tattoo and went to a local shop I've never been to before. The guy said it'd take 3-3 hour sessions at $100/hr for something like this

So that was'okay' to me but what worried me is I asked"do I need to leave a deposit so you can get started on a sketch?" He said" nah just come in when you're ready and we'll get started on it. Il just draw it all on your arm rather than doing a sketch first"

Being only my 2nd tattoo and the size of tatt it is... I'm a bit awe struck and worried about him just free handing it all at the time. Do a lot of artist do this ?

My first tattoo, the guy took a week to draw the sketch and sent me pics before hand to make sure I liked it. Was that guy just going above and beyond or do most sketch before tatt?
Anthony approves of this tattoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Can't say that I blame ya.....here's the one I had done free hand.

There is a man with a tattoo in this picture? Lol
That is a crazy design it's awesome
Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #584
Pavement Princess

My 18 year old daughter.....sending her off to prom night in my socks.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #585
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Got my first tattoo a few weeks ago. nothin crazy. I love to fish, so I got a fish hook....
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #586
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
My 18 year old daughter.....sending her off to prom night in my socks.
Ain't nothing wrong with socks!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #587
Card-Carrying Illuminati Member
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Kase, take a look at work the guy has already done; make sure the pieces you look at are similar in style to what you want and were do without a stencil. The artist should have a portfolio you can look at. If he doesn't, that's shady.
I've had multiple pieces done that were drawn on my skin with a pen/marker before being done instead of a stencil being made. All of them turned out fine. Tell the guy you'd like to see at least a concept drawing before you decide to have him draw it on your arm. If he's a good artist and wants the business, he should do that for you.
Good for you for not committing at first; you should be comfortable with the shop and who's doing the tattoo before you commit.

EDIT: what city will you be getting tattooed in? I know a lot of people in the tattoo industry and can point you toward some good shops.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #588
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Houston or Waco. The shop that I was talking about was in my college town(Waco) but I think ima end up going to Texas Body Art in Houston more than likely. A little more expensive ($120/hr) but should be worth it.

Andddddd
indeed!

Also check out Shaw's Tattoo Parlor in Houston. Good work comes out of there.
Also, I've never been a fan of tattoo/piercing shops.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #590

Yeah. Shaw's is a tattoo only studio. Give them a look.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #591
Pavement Princess

Quote:
Where do you get inked then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
Shops that strictly do tattoos.
I agree with this post.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #592
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shops that strictly do tattoos.

One million times this.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #593
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Can anybody recommend a good tattoo shop near Baltimore or york pa? Ive already got a few, been wanting some more and the guy that has done mine before is long term out of town
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #594
B.Carr is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
B.Carr's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a shot of my family crest, celtic stuff.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #595
B.Carr is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
B.Carr's Tacoma Gallery
Side view.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #596

I got a new one not to long ago. I got matching tats with my cousin in the same location, above our right knee caps.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #597
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks expensive
Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #598
I like long walks on the freeway
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #599

Quote:
Pics?
Here ya go
Old 06-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #600
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here ya go

A fellow fisherman, I take it?

Products Discussed in this Thread