Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone following the stock market?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Anyone following the stock market?

Dow fell 500 points making it the worst decrease since '01.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3683270/

Anyone here worried about this? Anyone even following it?
Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I'm worried... I'm/was in line to receive a fatty raise, but with the way things are going I don't think its going to be a fatty one

I work for a film school. Over the last few months I've noticed our student numbers have dropped like crazy. When will it get better?

Its crazy how only a few months ago I would have to wait a long time to get a seated at a restaurant. I went to eat yesterday and felt there were more employees than customers. This sux....
Old 09-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
It's killing me

Instead of dumping my money in 2% savings. I put it in stock a couple of years ago. The only thing still in the green is RIMM(Blackberry). This sucks!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All of this makes me just want to say one thing... "#%$! YOU ECONOMY!"
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its bad but its always bad before an election. It will get better. Not saying we're gonna bounce back completely but it will definately get better starting in January. No matter who gets elected. P.S. Palin is Sexy!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palin for President!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 View Post
Its bad but its always bad before an election. It will get better. Not saying we're gonna bounce back completely but it will definately get better starting in January. No matter who gets elected. P.S. Palin is Sexy!
McCain can be vice prez.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
McCain can be vice prez.
Amen.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Stockmarket reaction...........

http://www.break.com/index/awesome-w...eet-prank.html
Old 09-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post

AHAHAH!!! Sal & Richard are the best!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
You need to put a copy of this in the "funny video thread". To bring that thread back to life.

+1 for you.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
I'm watching it- but not too closely. Micromanaging a portfolio is bad for it. Do what you've been doing and wait a while for it to bounce back- No spazzing and calling the broker everytime it drops.

+1
Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #14

Feds Bail out AIG (Linky)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're screwed, ladies and gentlemen. Nice knowin' ya.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
As long as gas doesn't go up, I don't really care.

Are the two even related?

I'm just young and stupid and don't pay attention in civics class.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I'm just young and stupid and don't pay attention in civics class.
I haven't even taken Civics yet.

And a huge +1 on the gas thing. (And I don't even have my Taco yet!)
Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #17
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
I'm watching it- but not too closely. Micromanaging a portfolio is bad for it. Do what you've been doing and wait a while for it to bounce back- No spazzing and calling the broker everytime it drops.
Broker? Screw that high commission! I can do just as good or bad as they can....lol I use sharebuilder. Low costs $4 a trade. No monthly maint fees.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #18
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
Feds Bail out AIG (Linky)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're screwed, ladies and gentlemen. Nice knowin' ya.
And the feds now own 79% of a worthless company.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 AM   #19
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
I am trying to keep an eye on it.. because as the stocks fail i lose more and more on my TSP.. i keep telling my dad that is losing money and he is like.. jus stick with it then in a year or two everything will be back up... I have lost like 3% ( 350$) of my contributions over the past 2 years.. its like i thought the point of a retirement fund is to make money..
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #20
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Think of the market as a big ol' pendulum. Tends to swing both ways eventually. That's why anyone who has had money in it for a long time will tell you not to worry as it will bounce back, unless you invested in beta vcrs and sporks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
Dow fell 500 points making it the worst decrease since '01.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3683270/

Anyone here worried about this? Anyone even following it?