Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Monster truck kills woman, how big is too big??

Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Monster truck kills woman, how big is too big??

This occured in dallas the other day in the parking lot of a strip club. Driver pulls out of his parking spot and drove over a pedestrian and says he didn't even feel anything. This truck appaently is not even street legal due to the lift.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/031...t-Street-Legal#
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
UticaClub will become famous soon enoughUticaClub will become famous soon enough
Name: John
UticaClub's Tacoma Gallery
Bro-crime.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That truck is lifted pretty darn high and has some big ole tires! No wonder he didn't notice rolling over the poor woman. lol

EDIT: I say it was an accident. I don't think he try killing her intentionally..
Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Rough story but why is this in the second gen section?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
driver was drunk. he should do jailtime. no excuses.
x2
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2 My bad I forgot he was drunk. He should go to jail for man slaughter.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes

The driver caused the accident and he was impaired.

I also believe there should be vehicle inspections annually in all states and ridiculous setups like that one in the picture should be pulled over and checked by police if there is any reasonable doubt of it's safety.

Reasonable doubt of a safely constructed vehicle to me is as simple as 40 inch tires under a half ton truck. The police should have the tools they need to protect the public from the idiotic cheap ass bros who put 10K dollars worth of tires and shocks on a half ton rig with half ton brakes. Pull them over and ask to see the inspection paperwork from that required annual inspection.

All these California vehicle code requirements to have bumpers at a certain height that won't decapitate people in smaller cars, headlights aimed properly to not blind people, brakes that stop the vehicle in a certain maximum distance, all the codes mean nothing if there is no one who will enforce them.

Sorry if I sound like an advocate of a police state, I'm far from it. But I have a problem with people who make unsafe modifications to their trucks that turn them into lethal weapons and then drive in a manner that does not respect that. It's no different that walking around a grocery store with a revolver with one bullet in it, spinning it and pointing it at random people and pulling the trigger to see if it goes bang. Tired of watching idiot college kids driving around my town in half ton trucks with stock brakes and 40 inch tires, 15MPH over the speed limit and yakking on the cell phone the whole time. What happens when they look up and there is a compact car stopped short in the road for whatever reason? That person is getting killed!

Proper height bumpers and headlights, tires with good tread on them, adequate brakes that will stop in a panic situation, and a driver that is not high, drunk, or talking on a cell phone should be a basic requirement for any vehicle allowed on public roads.

Flame on

Oh yeah, anyone who walks through a parking lot talking on their phone and not paying attention should rethink that. I drive a stock height 2wd truck with an aluminum work shell on it full of tools. There are some situations where I simply cannot see you when I am backing out. I feel really bad for this woman who died, but I also suspect she could have saved herself had she been aware of her surroundings. I really doubt that big ass truck could not be heard idleing before it was put in gear.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Yes

I also believe there should be vehicle inspections annually in all states and ridiculous setups like that one in the picture should be pulled over and checked by police if there is any reasonable doubt of it's safety.
I agree with you. I think its nuts that you can make your truck legal if you install a set of snow plow headlights hanging from your bumper at the proper height. There definitely needs to be laws. However, in Oregon for example, the laws that end up coming out are far too strict for anyone to not fight them into the ground. House Bill 3147 in Oregon is trying to limit vehicle lift to 3" above stock. Seriously? Let people have SOME fun. There are 6-8" lift trucks driving around everywhere without issue. Yes, they are probably more prone to rollover. But by and large I believe rollover wrecks to be single car accidents. You know the danger if you choose to lift your truck.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
2003RC51's Tacoma Gallery
This most likely would not have happened if he was not impaired. It is just stupid to punish everyone with more laws because of some drunk ass hole. And what the hell was this girl thinking??? If I was walking through a parking lot and saw this truck or any other car running I am not walking in front of or behind it unless I have eye contact or some kind of confirmation that the driver sees me. Sounds like high amounts of stupid were involved on both sides.

And also, this was not a 1/2 ton truck. The brakes on this 3/4 ton Ford are more than adequate to stop this truck.

This truck is no higher than a semi so if you are going to outlaw the height of this truck you might as well pull all the 18 wheelers off the road too.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
They were at a strip club and there was alcohol involved... it's not like they were in the church parking lot on sunday morning.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Low Riders +1
Lifted 0

But in all seriousness.. this is sad and im sure her family will miss her, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.. rest in peace.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
trailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant future
trailmaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ten years for drunken manslaughter, 25 for being a douche, 15 for possession of a douche vehicle.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
Fenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fenrisulfr's Tacoma Gallery
The lift issue is likely a red herring; the man was intoxicated and likely lying in the same manner a child lies when he says 'but I didn't mean to'. In the US, the 'news' is primarily entertainment, and the monster truck issue is catchy. The article also went on to say that the vehicle was not street-legal.

That said, I am against street legal laws for the simple reason that self-regulation by the insurance companies is sufficient as it is in their self-interest to do so.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaker View Post
Ten years for drunken manslaughter, 25 for being a douche, 15 for possession of a douche vehicle.

..plus ten years for that FAIL haircut.
man that poor girl, so innocent! im praying for her
Old 04-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
The hell was she doin walking in front of his tire....
Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
And he was on a suspended license. So this wasn't his first time with a DUI probably. That douche canoe should stay in jail.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
What?
danbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
danbow's Tacoma Gallery
truck is no higher than a semi so if you are going to outlaw the height of this truck you might as well pull all the 18 wheelers off the road too.[/QUOTE]

sorry man, but check out the bumper height on an 18 wheeler and the bumper height on this monster.... not the same, nothing between the rolling wheels and whatever that thing hits.

of course I somehow doubt he gently eased that truck from a parked position.

IMO trucks like that are just plain wrong... I got a tacoma because i like to go offroad, small and light like a good off roader should be, but can still haul small loads. F250's are great trucks....... for pulling trailers.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #20
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003RC51 View Post
This truck is no higher than a semi so if you are going to outlaw the height of this truck you might as well pull all the 18 wheelers off the road too.
Semi's hoods are designed to improve their visibility. This man's headlights were 6 feet off the ground, meaning his hood was 7 feet. Look at the picture, you would have to be 15 feet in front of this truck for the driver to see you. If you stand in 3 feet in front of a semi you can easily be seen.

I would love to say ban mall crawlers because many of them are dangerous, but I'm afraid the powers that be would go over board and nobody's truck would be allowed to be more than 4 inches off the ground. I'll just continue to do what i do now, avoid the bros as much as I can when I see them.