Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Online Savings Account...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Online Savings Account...

I am looking to open an Online savings account.. just trying to figure out who to go with the only one i really know is ING Direct.

I need something my wife and I can both contribute too.. that when we finally get moved into to NC and find a back for our joint account we can keep the same savings account and just switch the banking information linked to the account.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm open for business. Send me the money.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What kind of APR will i be earning... wait a second..
Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I use USAA. Their rates are not as good as ING, but I trust them more.

They also do all kinds of insurance, investments, and loans. They don't have the cheapest rates, but their service is the best.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference between an online account and a local bank that offers online services?

Just curious what you're looking for. Most banks offer online banking.... My husband does it all the time.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
most online services offer better rates because they don't have to have brick and mortar locations. Also, I can deposit checks online to my USAA account. I can use an ATM anywhere and USAA reimburses the ATM fees and doesn't charge any fees on their end.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
when I say anywhere, I mean they're even accommodating to the folks in the military overseas.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure its FDIC insured. Google FDIC and you'll get a lot of information on this. There has been a record of bank failures this year (small local ones) which don't make the news unless of course you had money in there. Not all are insured.

My vote is either USAA too or the Pentagon Credit Union (they have great rates!). I have/do use both.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
when I say anywhere, I mean they're even accommodating to the folks in the military overseas.
plus the subscriber saving account for insurance & divi check is a nice benny.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
Sticks For Troops

I already have USAA.. but im looking for an account for my wife to open i have a ING Direct already.. just looking at other options.. my APR has dropped from like 5% to 3% in a year.. damn Market
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #11
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
I already have USAA.. but im looking for an account for my wife to open i have a ING Direct already.. just looking at other options.. my APR has dropped from like 5% to 3% in a year.. damn Market
why not just add her to your accounts?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:09 AM   #12
Sticks For Troops

im trying to talk her into it.. but she doesnt like the whole online thing.. The whole reason i had to join the FJ Forum to find info for her truck.. which then again wasnt a bad thing because while searching for that forum i found this place.. but she wants a place she can walk into and a place that has checks.. still trying to figure out exactly what he wants
Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #13
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
i am using HSBC its an online savings account that is very easy to use with multiple accounts, i am getting a 3.74% APR it started at 5% but they say its looking good and could rise again, you should look into it, oh and it is FDIC
Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I use the PayPal money market fund. It's earning decent interest plus you can get a debit card to access the money. We use it for our vacations too because you get 1.5% cash back on all purchases with the debit card.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #15
Sticks For Troops

Well it looks like my suggestions are going no where.. she is dead set on not doing anything online.. but doesnt want to do anything at a bank in Texas since we are moving to NC in Jan and she would have to close it and get a new one.. thanks for the help..
Old 09-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #16
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Have had a Orange Saving Account for 5 or 6 years. No problems with transfers or deposits. Very high security. Deposits are held for 5 business days. Then they can be withdrawn. When withdrawn the fund are available in my checking account on the second business day after requesting a transfer.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #17
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats good you have USAA. When you get back and start looking for your truck check out the USAA car buying service. They have great auto loan rates too.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy told me to check out the "orange account" or something like that.