Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here involved with the BSA

Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kreg
Sixfeathers's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here involved with the BSA

Was wondering if any of being here was or is involved with the Boy Scouts?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah. Actually NY I was in your district and worked up at READ for 7 years. Which troop are you guys in?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Scout class of '96, Troop 96, Burns, TN, Highland Rim District

Held most of the leadership positions (aside from adult leadership) in the troop at one time or another. Made OA Brotherhood.

Haven't been involved since '98. Kinda got burned out and interested in other things by the time I was 18. I think it's a great program for boys to develop leadership skills.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
i would be if they didnt turn the scouts in to a sissy camp... they may as well teach the boys how to sew a blanket today compared to what it was.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
I never got eagle but I got OA Brotherhood and both were hands down the best things I can ever suggest doing. Taught me everything I know today.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
Jeep eatting toy *****
madirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
madirish's Tacoma Gallery
IS the BSA the Bull s*!t Association ?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
Jeep eatting toy *****
madirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
madirish's Tacoma Gallery
O nevermind I just got told what it is . LOL . sorry
Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
There you go NEWBIE screwing up anothers thread. To educate you I stands for Boy Scouts of America. What do you guys think about Women being Den leaders?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
qckslvr2234's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Scout '02, my brother '04 and cousin '03. No kids yet but want to get involved again.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Back when I was a cub scout, women were the ONLY den leaders. They were called "den mothers" back then.

Nowadays, it tends to dads, but I say bully on anyone who steps up to fill the role.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
Banned
I guess that shows that the women are taking over our roles in Society. Times are a changin. Yuck..
Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Scout Class of `99. Started when I was 7 as a tiger cub so I have 22 years in total so far. I'm currently the Committee Chairman for the troop I'm involved with.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an Eagle Scout, got it in '84. There were 5 of us that got it at the same time. At that time I think it was one of the biggest Eagle ceremonies around.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeathers View Post
I guess that shows that the women are taking over our roles in Society. Times are a changin. Yuck..

Really? Really...
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #18
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayARRGHH View Post
I never got eagle but I got OA Brotherhood and both were hands down the best things I can ever suggest doing. Taught me everything I know today.
I'm glad the scouts like the OA. They might be the only ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Really? Really...
Yeah I was a bit blown away by that comment myself.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #19
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
I'm an Eagle Scout, got it in '84. There were 5 of us that got it at the same time. At that time I think it was one of the biggest Eagle ceremonies around.
That is really cool.