Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Blitz 5gal jerry can mount location?????

Old 03-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Blitz 5gal jerry can mount location?????

i have a 5 gal blitz jerry can holder and a 5 gal scepter gas can that i want to mount in my bed. im gonna drill holes and bolt it in, but just curious to see where you all have mounted yours.

here is what im talking about for those of you who do not know....

Old 03-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt drill holes in the bed they might rust
Old 03-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
i wouldnt drill holes in the bed they might rust
ok well i would drill holes, and paint over them. i dont care what you would do. your always coming into other peoples posts and sayin stupid shit about what you would or wouldnt do, with useless information.

do me a favor, stay outta my damn posts cause you are useless
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Check my sig.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Matt
11BSSG's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about the same thing, I was thinking right rear of the bed. Mostly because I dont want any more weight on the drivers side contributing to the "taco lean". I tend to put all my light stuff on the drivers side. The rear so you can open up the tailgate and have the gas right there. (I guess it all depends on how high up the gas is on your priorties....do you need to get to it quick and easy, or do you mind jumping in the bed and getting it from a hard to reach location.)
Old 03-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BSSG View Post
do you need to get to it quick and easy, or do you mind jumping in the bed and getting it from a hard to reach location.)
doesnt really matter to me, just kinda looking for pictures of anyone who has installed this carrier successfully and if they used back plates, where to and where not to drill, ect.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
ok well i would drill holes, and paint over them. i dont care what you would do. your always coming into other peoples posts and sayin stupid shit about what you would or wouldnt do, with useless information.

Lol

DD , check out bjmoose's thread
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

all that and you thought i was serious?

oh by the way your bed is composite so it's not gonna rust
Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
all that and you thought i was serious?

oh by the way your bed is composite so it's not gonna rust
like i said, useless information. go troll somewhere else dude, you are a waste of time
Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Lol

DD , check out bjmoose's thread
ya i did already. just curious on areas of where not to drill, dont want to hit anything i shouldnt with a drill bit haha
Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #11

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
like i said, useless information. go troll somewhere else dude, you are a waste of time
you are sir...(long ago and i let it go)

the first person to give me shit on here.

im not constipated and i still dont give a shit

so go take that jerrry can and jerry rig it in there you will not hit anything besides the inside of the bedside or the backside of the cab
Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
you will not hit anything besides the inside of the bedside or the backside of the cab
that is the first piece of useful info i have EVER seen you say. either way, like i said before, dont post in my threads anymore cause i really dont like you. not wanting to cause problems so i find it easier if i dont see your name anywheres near mine again
Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
KR Fab gas can cage

Been doing a damn good job.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
Right side of the bed makes sense to me. Sorry but i don't know if there is anything to hit with a drill bit, but i was wondering where you picked up the jerry can mount? Trying to prep my yota coma for a trip on the ALCAN and extra gas sounds like a good idea
Old 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamericle View Post
Right side of the bed makes sense to me. Sorry but i don't know if there is anything to hit with a drill bit, but i was wondering where you picked up the jerry can mount? Trying to prep my yota coma for a trip on the ALCAN and extra gas sounds like a good idea
www.shopthedude.com
Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam

anyone installed one of these? pics please?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a tool box? Maybe you could mount it to the tool box either on the side if you have room or to the front of it that way you drill holes into the tool box and not into your bed.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
You can mount it anywhere on sides of beds and not hit anything....also when mounting it use rivits to mount the base....rivits worked well for me when I mounted my fire extinguisher in the back of bed
Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
You can mount it anywhere on sides of beds and not hit anything....also when mounting it use rivits to mount the base....rivits worked well for me when I mounted my fire extinguisher in the back of bed
ya but i dont think rivets will hold a 5 gal gas can very well. 5 gal weighs around 50lbs so i think bolts are a better option. anybody with pics?