Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ohio man dies after sitting in recliner for 2 years

Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Ohio man dies after sitting in recliner for 2 years

http://www.wlwt.com/news/27388422/detail.html

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- A morbidly obese Ohio man who had not moved from his recliner in two years has died after being hospitalized.WTOV-TV in Steubenville and The Times Leader newspaper in Martins Ferry report that 43-year-old Richard Hughes died Wednesday at a West Virginia hospital.Wheeling Hospital confirmed the death of Hughes, but provided no details.WTOV reported that rescuers had to cut Hughes out of his recliner on Sunday and cut a hole in a wall to get him out of the house.A friend told WTOV that Hughes told him he had arthritis in his knees and each time he would try to move, it would hurt."So I tried to suggest him going to the hospital and getting his legs checked out, but he wouldn't do it. He said he didn't like doctors. So you can't force somebody to do something that they don't want to do," the friend said.The Times Leader reported that emergency responders were called to the home for a general illness.

Im sorry... but there is no excuse to get THAT fat! I know several people with thyroid issues that become obese but damn... when you need to be cut OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.... thats an issue! i want to know how much he weighed... i feel sorry for those guys that had to pull him out.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the one week I did was pretty close to the record.

Not even a spec on this guys!!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to my hell. Best part is these people complain about their situation and condition but are surrounded by mountains of empty fucking coke cans and have tins of cookies stashed everywhere.

But hey, I look at it like this. My truck gets paid because of their misery.

Is that wrong?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
http://www.wlwt.com/news/27388422/detail.html

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- A morbidly obese Ohio man who had not moved from his recliner in two years has died after being hospitalized.WTOV-TV in Steubenville and The Times Leader newspaper in Martins Ferry report that 43-year-old Richard Hughes died Wednesday at a West Virginia hospital.Wheeling Hospital confirmed the death of Hughes, but provided no details.WTOV reported that rescuers had to cut Hughes out of his recliner on Sunday and cut a hole in a wall to get him out of the house.A friend told WTOV that Hughes told him he had arthritis in his knees and each time he would try to move, it would hurt."So I tried to suggest him going to the hospital and getting his legs checked out, but he wouldn't do it. He said he didn't like doctors. So you can't force somebody to do something that they don't want to do," the friend said.The Times Leader reported that emergency responders were called to the home for a general illness.
Well he ended up at wheeling hospital, so I'm not surprised by the outcome. Most of these fat WV residents have wives that enable them. I frequently see it here, wife brings home fried chicken and fries for their obese husband. These guys can't get food themselves. Family could fix this by only giving them salad. They are bedbound, wtf are they gonna do?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
wait wait wait... it says they had to CUT him out of the recliner also? WHAT?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
only in america...
Old 04-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
just think of it as one less useless individual. more oxygen for us! (:
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Well he ended up at wheeling hospital, so I'm not surprised by the outcome. Most of these fat WV residents have wives that enable them. I frequently see it here, wife brings home fried chicken and fries for their obese husband. These guys can't get food themselves. Family could fix this by only giving them salad. They are bedbound, wtf are they gonna do?

so damn true..feed to kill. So sorry to hear this.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Welcome to my hell. Best part is these people complain about their situation and condition but are surrounded by mountains of empty fucking coke cans and have tins of cookies stashed everywhere.

Is that wrong?
lol yeah when I volunteered, I had a few occasions where I had to pick some morbidly obese people.... hated every minute of it.... i partially think that is why my back is already shot.

but it isn't wrong to think that.... its the truth! those people are half the reason we keep getting paychecks!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
only in america...
Only in Ohio...
Old 04-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
lol yeah when I volunteered, I had a few occasions where I had to pick some morbidly obese people.... hated every minute of it.... i partially think that is why my back is already shot.

but it isn't wrong to think that.... its the truth! those people are half the reason we keep getting paychecks!
you think you have it bad lol my parents own a funeral home which i am in college right now to make my carreer. i have been around it ever since i was born and i also live here in west virginia. i have seen some very large people come in on a stretcher both men and women. once was a man so big that it took 8 people to lift him to put into a casket. think he was around 850 pounds. but my paychecks are when anyone dies lol i have never thought of it being wrong just doing my job
Old 04-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
you think you have it bad lol my parents own a funeral home which i am in college right now to make my carreer. i have been around it ever since i was born and i also live here in west virginia. i have seen some very large people come in on a stretcher both men and women. once was a man so big that it took 8 people to lift him to put into a casket. think he was around 850 pounds. but my paychecks are when anyone dies lol i have never thought of it being wrong just doing my job
i was in organ harvesting for a couple years. I have done my fair share of moving those bodies. most of the funeral homes here have lifts in them. They put 6-7 straps around the body, crank the lift up and move it over to the table they want the body at.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
only in america...
x2 which is kind of sad....
Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #15
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAirForce05 View Post
Only in Ohio...
Ohio is not the fattest state in the union.. the southern states have the distinction of being the fattest in the country.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
Should have cremated his ass.

Could have had heat to warm a 20,000 homes in the dead of winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
wait wait wait... it says they had to CUT him out of the recliner also? WHAT?
Yeah, they generally grow into their clothing. The Skin kinda melts, and the hair grows into the fibers of the material really, quite well.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAirForce05 View Post
Only in Ohio...
damn ohioians!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Is that wrong?
x2
Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah, they generally grow into their clothing. The Skin kinda melts, and the hair grows into the fibers of the material really, quite well.
*shudders*