1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I wrong?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by epa4wd, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    You should've knocked that bitch out!
    Then as the supervisor approached you, you should've told him that if he came any closer you'd rip the girl's arm off an beat him to death with it. Then head-butt the old lady and start to drive off. Stop, back up, get out and tell the guy that if he calls the police you will eat his children and fuck his dog.

Or do what you did. Either way works ;)

2. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    I have dealt with the same thing, possibly the same product. I always tell them that I am not interested, even if they have a special on two cans... (They always do, here anyway.) I nicely tell them that I hand wash my car myself. I have only been approached when driving my Corolla, I think the truck's mud-covered self scares them away.

I had someone decide to spray the stuff on my window after I said "no, thanks." I was quite irritated... Especially since their product does not work as they claim it does. It left a nice, greasy film on my window. I am not quite as friendly when they approach me now. I generally try to ignore them, or simply tell them to go away...

3. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    CCFBERG

CCFBERG The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    LRAFB Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 SR5 DBL cab
    Kenwood 516 DD head unit, Kenwood 12" sub, Kenwood 1800W amp, Brighter reverse light mod, 2nd Air filter ripped out, Tailgate anti-theft. Fog light anytime. Rearview mirror display in HU mod. JBA shorty headers & Catback. K&N Filter. Smittybilt Nerf Steps. Smittybilt M1 Grille. Pro Comp stage II, 6" Lift. 12V Bed PWR. LED interior lighting
    Dude you were calmer about it then I woulda been! I woulda jumped on that fool like a spidermonkey hopped up on mountain dew:D NOBODY has the right to touch your shit! Let alone spray some Can-O-unidetified Junk on your paint. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WAR FACE! And just the mentality of some people. Where did this happen....please dont say Floribamma?!
    WOW......this is the second most retarded thing Ive read today. Well anyway, glad you didnt go balistic! Good on ya

4. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    Yeah, I had been approached before, but they have always asked me if I would like a demonstration, I answer No, and they walk away. This is the first time they do it without asking, the girl was young maybe her first time on the job so I don't blame her, that's why I didn't say anything to her in a bad tone. IMO the guy was just trying to show his "macho" attitude to impress them, its getting ridiculous around here, for anything people look at you like they are some bad ass from the streets.

I will try to get in touch with someone from there this week if possible. I do have a friend, I haven't seen him for a while but he knows one of the employees from there. Also I know they are currently selling the gas station for 1.7mil.

5. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    co-sign

6. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    Sixfeathers

Sixfeathers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab
    Led lights: Replaced Bulbs in front,Fog Light modification, Westin Nerf Bars, TS mod,
    You did a good thing by walking away.Now me I would have put his ass on the ground and then have told the young lady to go about her buseiness elsewhere.

7. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    Sharpie

Sharpie Ready to travel

Member:
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Sport 4x4 M/T Pyrite
    Assuming your recounting is accurate, you're much cooler than I would have been. Someone sprays shit on my truck without asking and I'll start getting angry right there. doubt the dude would have gone all pissing contest on me though, since I'm not a guy. Girl might have gotten snarky with me though. ;)

8. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    Wow that was long. I didn't read the hole thing, but you are kind of like me. You give details so ppl understand. Anyway, I would have barked if they sprayed that shit on my truck. Keep your god damn hands off!

9. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Yeah its pretty accurate, not one bad word ever came out of my mouth, the only time I actually got upset and defensive was when the guy started yelling crap and I approached him, because I have had enough of his attitude. I think through all the time I was thinking is this bizarro world or what?, no one there understood my point of view or seem to reason and I was some kind of agitator/bad guy for not wanting someone to demonstrate the product on my truck.

10. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    why did it escalate that far? I would have gotten out of there in 20 seconds

11. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    CCFBERG

CCFBERG The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    LRAFB Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 SR5 DBL cab
    Kenwood 516 DD head unit, Kenwood 12" sub, Kenwood 1800W amp, Brighter reverse light mod, 2nd Air filter ripped out, Tailgate anti-theft. Fog light anytime. Rearview mirror display in HU mod. JBA shorty headers & Catback. K&N Filter. Smittybilt Nerf Steps. Smittybilt M1 Grille. Pro Comp stage II, 6" Lift. 12V Bed PWR. LED interior lighting
    X2:quickdraw:

12. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    I wouldn't say far, I would say fast, It all happen while I pumped the gas and waited for her to finish wiping it off.

13. Apr 3, 2011 at 2:15 AM

52419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics

yep thats the stuff lol

and he had sprayed my wheels to but i think he was so upset that i doused him with water he just decided hed let me be dirty lol

14. Apr 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    ha. i would have went off on his a$$!!! and prob called the cops b/c he is having the girl just spray stuff on my truck without asking. i would think there would be some law saying he can't do that. but idk. i'll ask my brother. he is in law school.

15. Apr 3, 2011 at 2:58 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Old lady was part of the ploy.

16. Apr 3, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Where is this at? Address please. I wanna go there and set this guy strait. I gauruntee I'll have the guy pissin' his pants. So again, address please, also a description of the asshole in mention.

17. Apr 3, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    02YotaGuy

02YotaGuy Guy With A Red 80 Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    94 FZJ80
    Bumper, Winch, 315s, Sliders, OME HD lift, Custom rear swingout, roof rack, drawers, way too much to list.
    I had someone do the same thing to me, But I didn't really care if they sprayed it on my truck... I had just driven 1500 miles and the truck needed a good cleaning. But it sounds like these "salespeople" think that yelling at a potential customer is a good idea. So... Knowing that these people may be there... will you go back to that gas station? I know I wouldn't.

18. Apr 3, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    People play others, tell you to relax, so as to make you look mean, then to look nice you have to buy their crap.
    People spray product , the point is "good people" are supposed to feel a bit obligated for the service or demo and will then shell out money. DONT EVER buy anything that way.
    I find a subject distracter ...." Do i need to call the police?" dont get emotion when you say , just say it sort of normal like. Or ,get the window scrubber and fling water a bit freely on them then ask them to please step back im busy.

Ps , whole thing wreaks of bully sales tactics, outnumber the customer. They are well aware that by you not wanting the young girl doin the spraything , the following "act" will make you look like the aggressor. People need to be aware of all the tactics shady sales-people will use, forwarned is forarmed.

19. Apr 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    defanitly props for being so cool about it!

I wouldnt be an ass and flip out if she sprayed my truck, but i probably would have been pissed and just told her to get lost. And that guy threatening you?? Who does he think he is. That would have made me madder than anything else

Products Discussed in

To Top