Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A letter to Woody!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
A letter to Woody!

Dear Sir,

I've seen what you've done and I don't like it. I hear what you are doing and you are gone when I try to approach you. What you are doing, while in your nature is inexcusable! I do own a means of dispatching you and am a hell of a shot with it. Next time I catch you in the act and you don't fly away I'll arrange for your next residence to be the bottom of my garbage can.

Mr Woodpecker and family, You are hereby on notice!

Thanks,
Pissed off Homeowner

Home owner:1
Woody:4
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Get emm!! Woody needs to be made an example of!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
not sure what this is about but either way this might help settle things....

enjoy http://crabrevenge.com/
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Is it not illegal to kill woodpeckers there?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post

Thats f-ed up man!!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post

LMAO!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Haven't checked...
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #8

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Haven't checked...
Just do a stealth removal of the noisy beast!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
The TW 1%
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Haven't checked...
Just checked, they are not endangered nor is there a statute against "offing" them.

Open season you mothereffer!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If its in the US its a violation of a bunch of federal laws including the Migratory Birds Act.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #13

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
If its in the US its a violation of a bunch of federal laws including the Migratory Birds Act.
Nothing to see here move it along while we support the slaughtering of something. I mean the stealth re homing of a wonderful bird.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Nothing to see here move it along while we support the slaughtering of something. I mean the stealth re homing of a wonderful bird.
Haha. It doesn't bother me to see the stealth, aggressive, sometimes violent re-homing of animals. I was just makin sure he knew so he didn't get in trouble. Lol. I thought they were Illegal to shoot, especially if it's a Red-headed woodpecker, or a "red-cocaded woodpecker" or the ivory billed woodpecker.

From this website (I don't know how legit this site is, but this is what I thought the law was anyway): http://cecalaveras.ucdavis.edu/woodpeck.htm

Woodpeckers are classified as migratory, nongame birds and are protected by the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The red-cocaded woodpecker and the ivory billed woodpecker are on the Endangered Species list and are thus offered full protection. When warranted, woodpeckers, other than the endangered species, may be killed but only under a permit issued by the Law Enforcement Division of the US Fish and Wildlife Service upon recommendation of USDA-APHIS-Animal Damage Control personnel. Generally, there must be a good case to justify issuance of a permit. Woodpeckers are commonly protected under state laws, and in those instances a state permit may be required for measures that involve lethal control or nest destruction. Other methods of reducing woodpecker damage do not infringe upon their legal protection status. Threatened or endangered, however, cannot be harassed.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #15
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Really its more a matter of time spent on trying to stop the inevitable. Once the woodpecker starts drilling holes you are already in pretty deep. Woodpeckers widen existing holes, they don't make new ones. There are bugs in the wood and he is chasing after them. If you want a real solution then call an exterminator to get the bugs then rip out the boards and replace them.

Coming from someone who has this issue on a yearly basis, (thanks to whatever jackass decided to side a building with rough cut cedar) once it has started you are best off dealing with it properly or doing a quick fix to seal it back off and picking a large tree to kill off and drill a bunch of holes into it to start the bugs off there instead.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #16
The TW 1%
Quote:
Really its more a matter of time spent on trying to stop the inevitable. Once the woodpecker starts drilling holes you are already in pretty deep. Woodpeckers widen existing holes, they don't make new ones. There are bugs in the wood and he is chasing after them. If you want a real solution then call an exterminator to get the bugs then rip out the boards and replace them.

Coming from someone who has this issue on a yearly basis, (thanks to whatever jackass decided to side a building with rough cut cedar) once it has started you are best off dealing with it properly or doing a quick fix to seal it back off and picking a large tree to kill off and drill a bunch of holes into it to start the bugs off there instead.
Bullshit! There are 8 holes in my house since Last summer that weren't there before. Every house in our neighborhood is rough cut cedar. I've tried that, there is approximately a 2'x2' section of fine mesh covering existing holes and they were filled in with great stuff and sealed with clear silicone. One asshole made a hole in the mesh, pulled the silicone and started pulling my insulation out.

As for the tree's, they are all old growth and protected... There are 2 trees within 100' of my house already dead they could go after but no, they like my house.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
Addicted

Seriously if the woodpeckers are there they are taking advantage of existing insect holes. I thought they were just douche bags myself until I got stuck taking a ornithology class.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
The TW 1%
Quote:
Seriously if the woodpeckers are there they are taking advantage of existing insect holes. I thought they were just douche bags myself until I got stuck taking a ornithology class.
They appear to be "Northern Flickers"...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Chiken vs Pecker

DING DING - FIGHT!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #20
Addicted

Huh, I have no experience with those. Don't even recognize the call although supposedly I am within its range. Apparently its thick headed enough to hammer on metal just to be louder then the next guy during mating season. Have fun with that!

Oddly its a woodpecker that is mainly known for drilling into the soil and cow patties to find food. Weird.

How decayed are the dead trees by your house? If they aren't using them its because the wood is still too firm. Anything you can do like scoring the surface past the bark and into the actual wood or, drilling large holes angled down high in the tree will start to soften the wood up enough that it will be better habitat for the birds than your super-plush siding.