1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Military isn't getting paid?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by phatdrew, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    this is nothing but political BS......

i am closely keeping an eye on the govexec.com

i just saw an articale titled "GOP passes futile one-week spending measure" on that site.....title looks like another week of heming and hawing.. but after reading it doesnt say no extension going on.. it just says by friday midnight, if there are no extensions then the shutdown will happen.

"The current short-term funding measure expires at midnight Friday. Failure to pass any extension by then would lead to a government shutdown."

2. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I feel your pain guys I work for GSA and were sitting at home come Monday. But i get to do lots of yard work wile on my time off and Ive been wanted to do that so that's a + I guess.

3. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    well if it falls through, we have to show up to work for about 2 hours or so to get all the official documents/paper works....then we'll be off... its retarded.. you would think that being in the comptroller office, we get the inside scoop... but nope...

4. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    phatdrew

phatdrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    drew
    dover, de
    2" lift, 17" pro comp wheels, 285x70x17 micky t's, billet grill
    ^^ yes sir. i thought y'all would be the first to know. we never hear anything on the flightline.

5. Apr 7, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    WTF do you mean by this comment??

6. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    Sharpie

Sharpie Ready to travel

Member:
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Sport 4x4 M/T Pyrite
    Normal pay or no, this whole thing just cost me $1000 because my training's been cut short. Add that to only half a check on the 15th and I am less than thrilled since I am PCSing here in 30 days and am going to need the cash on hand.

7. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    e money

e money Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC
    What's sad about the failure of our government to get their Sh$! together (both sides) is the fact that they are posturing over 7billion dollars (33 billion/40billion in cuts). Which may sound like a lot, but it is less than 1% of our total deficit! I have two siblings in Afg. and I am certain the military will be paid. Neither side could afford to let this happen. A deal will be reached on this issue. But really, WTF are they doing!?

8. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    e money

e money Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC
    PS: Thanks to all that serve (ed)!

9. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I would just like to point out that the Democrat budget plan cuts 1 Billion more than the GOP budget plan. Here is a picture-formatted reference, since everyone in this country apparently has a complete inability to consult and read legitimate sources of information:

http://i.imgur.com/N6jc6.jpg

The fight is over what's getting cut, not how much is getting cut. Both parties still plan to spend exorbitant amounts of money they don't have regardless of what eventual budget plan goes through.

10. Apr 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    In the military we will always show for work as needed. We can not go on strike, we can not walk out. Our choice to serve is selfless and puts our country and the American people first. It is noble to say "don't pay me for the beneftit of the country," but taking car of those in combat should not have to worry even more for the financial security of their family. They need to have the piece of mind that there country will continue to take care of them while they take care of the country.

I'm deployed and should be home soon. When I am home my pay can stop while I take care of my family. If I need to stay I will, but my family still needs to be taken care of. God bless America and those who fight for it.

my $0.02

11. Apr 7, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They are not electing to "shutdown the gov't" They are electing to stop funding the gov't and that means that everything that isn't essential shuts down.

First part- True. Still get paid- Not true. If the DOD has no money (and no yearly appropriated organizations will) they can't pay anyone until an agreement has been reached.

Back pay doesn't pay for gas and groceries right now. It doesn't pay a mortgage. It doesn't cover my crews TAD costs to go save lives in North Dakota. Back pay doesn't help much at all.

12. Apr 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Really, the meat of the situation is that is lawmakers, primarily Tea Party rookies (but there is some coming from both sides) are trying to attach riders to the budget that would allow policies to be put in place without going through the usual process of committee, debate, etc. - in effect, passing policy without the legislature voting on it.

It's obvious why opponents of those policies wouldn't want that to happen.

One side refuses to vote on the budget plan because allowing these riders through is untenable. The other side refuses to vote unless the riders are included.

Thus we end up with an impasse, and who knows how long it will last.

13. Apr 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    A far more detailed explanation...but the root of it is they are deciding to remove funding which stops the gov't from being able to operate "as normal" vice deciding to shut everything down.

14. Apr 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Ok, I have to say that was outright uncalled for and I sincerely hope you are joking.

I already don't think to highly of you and really hope you are never in a position where you are required to show up for work and have to perform at a level protecting life and property without pay with the hope you've got enough money to cover your expenses in the mean time.

I see you present yourself as a paramedic... I would think that people could expect more out of you.

15. Apr 7, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    ^Yeah, I wasn't thinking that was a classy move either.

Anywho, I hope this picture works.

[​IMG]

16. Apr 8, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    phatdrew

Member:
    First Name:
    drew
    dover, de
    thanks for all the talk guys but have any one of you been told what to do if it were to shutdown? thats more what im looking for. i have to attend a commanders call this afternoon and im sure my major will cover this topic. however, i know my squadron will be working no matter what because we are considered "mission essential 1". meaning, no matter what happens being govt shutdown, horrible weather, natural disaster, ect. we work. kinda blos but its a privilage to work on the largest aircraft in the us military's inventory.

McConnellAirShow006_1af610ef4d8f624f4d9e080b29039cad5372e83b.jpg

17. Apr 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    x1000

It's total bs and it's down right wrong that they get paid still and we don't. Looks like I will have to dip in the savings account if the shutdown goes on for a while.

18. Apr 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    phatdrew

Member:
    First Name:
    drew
    dover, de
    well said sir. lol. im one of those paycheck to paycheck families but lucky my wife will be paid one week into the whole thing so her pay will help offest the damage the bills are going to cost me.

i get the whole congress has to be paid so they can find a resolution to the budget and all but what about us? we're still working, probably a whole lot harder than those bastards, and we're losing our pay. i feel for my friends in afghan/iraq because they are losing their combat pay and tax free for the month. those guys shouldnt have to lose a penny. id happily give up my check to make sure those guys receive the entitlements they deserve.

19. Apr 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    plee33

plee33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Sacramento, CA.
    Vehicle:
    SWB TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    SnugTop SuperSport Shell, BedRug, OME Heavy Duty Lift Kit, Weathertech Liners, more to come....
    The only branch they ain't shutting down is the Postal.

20. Apr 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    webb323

webb323 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    97 4x4 Regular Cab (sold), 2014 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Everyone will get paid back in the new budget

Products Discussed in

To Top