Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I Need a new cell phone..

Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
I Need a new cell phone..

when i get home im gonna need to get a new phone.

So what is out there now that will be as good as if not better than my old Phone.

Blackberry 8830*(I think).. it was a Blackberry.

It had descent internet connection.. access to email, had a camera, mp3 player.. lots of good stuff.. I had service with AT&T... This is were the real issue is.. While I had a descent plan.. 500 Anytime minutes, Unlimited Nights/weekends, Unlimited Internet, email, Data.. for $90-ish.

I never had service when i was in my apartment complex... So i dont want AT&T!

So i am asking the TW to drop some knowledge, on Good Phones, Plans.. and if possible if they know if the service for said company is good in the Fayetteville, NC area.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well you could get an i phone with AT&T, Well since you said you didnt want ATT, you could get sprint phone. i have sprint. Personally i like it cause i can switch between nextel towers and sprint towers. Ya know since they merged. i Have the rumor. its great for texting it has a qwerty key board and lots of multimedia. It does music, movies, internet, facebook, email, news. But if your going to buy another phone, do some research, then get the one you really want. LG has some nice phones out there. My buddy has one that does tv, music, internet, movies, myspace/facebook, internet gaming and such. but his plan is probly a little steep. Well im also really close to Concord/ Charlote i always get really good service.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the i-Phone. I prefer it over the Blackberry Curve because of internet browsing, ease of use, plus you have an iPod that will play audio and video files. Clarity of screen is excellent! Each week they are coming out with more and more software (cheaper and some free that are good).
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isnt it AT&T though, or can you switch plans??
Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's AT&T. But they've had a software upgrade that has helped people. Granted, their service isn't as good as Verizon but the phone is just awesome.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea.. def not doing the IPhone.. Not dealing with AT&T anymore
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #7
Sticks For Troops

Anyone know anything about this phone

Verizon Wireless LG Voyager Titanium
Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I was going to recommend the Voyager. I have and love it !
Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I'd look at Sprint. Their Everything plan seems like it should work out well for you. 450 minutes and I believe unlimited text, data, email, etc. $70 for that plan. Plus Sprint is releasing some new Smartphones...the HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. Don't know what service is like in NC, but ask some guys on your base and see what carriers they have.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
bdub85 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
bdub85's Tacoma Gallery
I love my iPhone. It does everything that I would possibly want.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
alltel.........we have them and have never had a problem.....service everywhere(ok, well except way the hell up in the mountains), but ohter than that....they are great.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Alltel or Verizon if you're gonna be in the South East
Old 09-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
Alltel or Verizon if you're gonna be in the South East
yep...definitely!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #16

dude the voyager KICKS ASS. thats the one i was talking about that does EVERYTHING. its got live tv, music, videos, pictures, texting facebook, myspace, wifi, internet, Tons of games. my friend has it and he loves it. ran him about 350$ with all his favorite bells and whistles though.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #17
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
dude the voyager KICKS ASS. thats the one i was talking about that does EVERYTHING. its got live tv, music, videos, pictures, texting facebook, myspace, wifi, internet, Tons of games. my friend has it and he loves it. ran him about 350$ with all his favorite bells and whistles though.
The phone itself is only $150-200. It was more when it first came out but I've seen it on sale. Then you just have to add whatever features you want. I got the tv and navigation when I first got the phone but hardly used it - plus the navigation sux on it. So I dropped them from my plan to save $$.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #18

yeah. i think he bought it when it first came out. but he still loves it.