LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Air Compressor people!!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Air Compressor people!!

Educate me, I have done some reading.

I'm looking for a 20gal or around there air compressor.
The ones that have oil not the oil free kind.
8-10cfm

It's mainly going to be a garage toy but when I want to have fun I want to have fun!

I have read HP doesnt matter and it does can anyone help me out?

Whats a good brand? Price I should expect?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
HP only matters if you hook it up to a 240V. That is when you'll get the advertised HP and output.

Ingersoll Rand is the fucking Rolls Royce of air compressors and its price will reflect that.

Expect to pay at least $600 for a decent one. I've been in the market for one, but after looking at them I'm going to get a 60 gallon industrial one from Sears.

The other thing you need to look at is CFM at 45 and 90psi to compare.
Depending on what tools you're going to run, this is going to be what kills you.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
I have done lots of research and this is the one I am going to buy, great reviews, super quiet, low amp draw, longlasting cast oil pump and all the power I will ever need!
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Just waiting for this Makita to come on sale...but it never does!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
HP only matters if you hook it up to a 240V. That is when you'll get the advertised HP and output.

Ingersoll Rand is the fucking Rolls Royce of air compressors and its price will reflect that.

Expect to pay at least $600 for a decent one. I've been in the market for one, but after looking at them I'm going to get a 60 gallon industrial one from Sears.

The other thing you need to look at is CFM at 45 and 90psi to compare.
Depending on what tools you're going to run, this is going to be what kills you.
Gotcha, I thought about buying one from sears not a 60gal but a 30 I think it was.

I heard you ave to have atleast 9cfm to run a sand blasting tool, truth to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
I have done lots of research and this is the one I am going to buy, great reviews, super quiet, low amp draw, longlasting cast oil pump and all the power I will ever need!
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

I like that one but it's only 4.2 cfm
Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to be sandblasting you're going to want a larger tank. I'm not an expert by any means, I just did a bunch of research like last week so that's why I know. I do know that sandblasting requires a lot of CFM. 9 sounds about right. I know I need a beast cause I have an industrial Fuji impact wrench that puts out something stupid like 600+ft/lbs.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Yeah that's why I was looking at 30gal not doing much if any but nice to be able to do it.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with Ingersol Rand if I bought a 20+ gal. compressor. This one is rated for continuous (100%) duty cycle and has a 5.2CFM at 90psi. You can't beat IR air compressors/impacts.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Son of Baconator
unentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW)
Name: Jacob
unentered's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to unentered Send a message via Skype™ to unentered
I don't know if you'd want portable or not, but you're going to have a lot more options with a stationary, they'd be a bit bigger than 20 gallons however. I ended up going with a Chicago Pneumatic 26 Gallon, it has more CFM than the IR and Craftsman. Chicago Pneumatic makes the same compressor for Mac Tools. They sell for $650 from Northern tool, and $923 for the mac tools version, but I got mine from a reputable dealer on ebay called air pro. Guys name is Rob, great guy.