1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U.S. in a short paragraph

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by maxpower29, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Central Oregon High Desert... Fishing, backpacking, climbing, atv/snowmobile, thousands of miles of offroad, snow sking, mountain biking, hunting, crystal clear lakes and streams, low population and excellent weather.

2. May 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    :D dont , make it sound to good!

3. May 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    that sounds sweet. All the stuff I like. pretty far west though!

4. May 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Sharpie

Sharpie Ready to travel

Member:
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Sport 4x4 M/T Pyrite
    Washington: rain, rain, rain, gorgeous weather with great outdoor activities from surfing to mountains, then some more rain. I love it.

5. May 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    pt law

pt law Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Concord, NH
    Vehicle:
    04 xtracab 4x4 TRD
    maxpower

Here are my credentials (not bragging, just trying to say I have a little knowledge). I have traveled to 46 out of 50 States while on road trips across country on three separate trips (have not been to Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Iowa). I have lived in Pennsylvania (grew up there), California, South Carolina, Connecticut, and Massachusetts (live here now) for at least a year in each location or quite longer. I have spent extensive times (less than a year) in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

My thoughts: It depends how much time and what you want to see.

My description. The scenery is bigger out West: bigger mountains, bigger canyons, the only deserts, bigger waves on the coast, big sand dunes, bigger open places in general and is more spread out. Coming from the East Coast, the variety of terrain and scenery is truly impressive in the Western part of the country (read West of the great plains). The Great Plains are truly flat with acre upon thousand acre of farmland and prairie. The East Coast has a lot of big cities packed along the coast but also has some real quality scenery in the Appalachian mountain range and some fantastic sandy beaches. As far as people, well there are definitively cultural differences between the Northeast, the Deep South, the Midwest, the Mountains, and the West Coast. However, I have met great people everywhere so take everything you hear about regions with a grain of salt.

Lastly, if you come through Massachusetts, then I will show you around and even let you crash as long as you don't kill me or force me to watch hockey..there, I tried to avoid stereotypes until the very end!

Take the trip and have fun...

6. May 2, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    lol i love hockey. But thanks a lot for the info. Just what I wanted. I see pictures of the city and mountains and it looks amazing on the west coast. I want to live out there for sure someday

7. May 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    a guy i work with too said he just went to new Hampshire for NASCAR and said it was crazy. He said all the movie like stereo types were actually true about the people there lol. He loved it though

8. May 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    LOL this x100! My parents are from Robbinsville/Murphy area. I love it there. Everyone is so nice.

9. May 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    sambojee

sambojee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OffRoad
    Bilstein 5100 all around set at 2.5. 1.5 AAL in the rear. 265/75/16 Hancook Dynapro MTs on Black Moto Metal 951s. Black badges. Aftermarket grill. TRD seat covers.
    Damn i wished i lived there haha sounds awesome!

10. May 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    Wyoming: Hunting fishing camping plenty of hiking trails, mountain biking trails and places to go offroading in your truck. Wonderful scenery here and the people are nice. The mountains are awesome too. I would check out Jackson I love it there. I live in Casper and its pretty good but not the most exciting city in the state.

11. May 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    tacokid09

tacokid09 it's about the off-road miles

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian aka B-Lang
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    California:

It sucks, dont bother

12. May 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    Missouri, hicks, whores, t-rucks, "the big city", amazing deciduous forests, more hicks, "city folk", lots of corn fields, soybean fields, best frozen custard in the country (saint louis that is), a coupla really big rivers, the gateway to the west (the arch), we have drive your tractor to school day depending on how close you live to bumfuckistan, hunting, fishing, lake of the ozarks, more hicks, yeah I think that's aboot it

13. May 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    Hawaii
    one very long ass drive

14. May 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    SoCal:

Don't come here unless U want to get shot at or rear-ended.

15. May 3, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    I have lived or visited pretty much everywhere except hawaii and here are my opinions

Every state has different parts in the state that both follow and dont follow the sterotypes. West Coast has Cali. Cali pretty much sucks. SoCal has a bunch of gangsers and mexicans and its crowded and dirty. NorthCal has a bunch of wanna be hicks and lots of drugs. Yuba City is the meth or crack capital of the US (dont remember which it is). The central part of the US is beautiful and the best part. there are a few crowded cities where some people suck but in general people here are the nicest. lots of mountains or flat land where you can see forever. East Coast is very different everywhere. If you go near cities you will meet lots of jack asses that are always in a hurry and whatever they are doing is more important than what you are doing. If you get into the coal mountains people are actually pretty nice. lots of poor rural towns but the people there would give you the shirt off their back if you just ask. Also, that is where the best cooking is, IMO. For example, Northern VA/DC just plain sucks. South West VA has very nice people and pretty mountains. Eastern VA is beaches so most people there are tourists and its way too crowded

16. May 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    TheTacoTruck

TheTacoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD 6-Spd
    ^^^
    Not to forget the history of the US with Independence Hall in Philly, where you also get the best cheesesteaks and the high quality of Sports in PA (Steelers, Penguins, Flyers, Phillies, Little League World Series)

17. May 3, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    i think your finding out that everyone loves their state the most. so do i. ive been to about all the other states and will never live anywhere other than NC. and i don't even live near the beaches or mountains, i just love where im from! . . . . though both the NC beaches and mountains are amazing. and theyre right, nicest people you'll ever meet. being in college, i hear all these chicks from other states amazed that guys here hold and open doors and still say ma'am to older women and stuff like that haha. . . other cool southern places are Charleston, Savannah, and really anywhere a Civil War battle was fought. they're just really cool to me.

18. May 3, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nice. I laughed. :D

19. May 3, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Fla. is ok but not what it was. Been in Orl. 50 years seen it go from small town to 1.5 mil.. endless strip malls and new folks from all over the place. Lots of turn over on folks so the old lady and I stay to our selves. Most of the long time pals live up in the pan handle now. Going to move up there when the 95 y.o. mother in law checks out. like the big woods and slow pace up there... JIM

20. May 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    sicripp83

sicripp83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wboro
    Vehicle:
    sic
    NEW YORK pretty similar to penn, it has a big city in which you can spend alot of money, im not a city person. central new york is nice open, farm land, northern new york has lots of snowmobiling. baseball hall of fame in cooperstown, niagra falls, thousand islands, i dont really know much about western ny except finger lakes and all the wine

Products Discussed in

To Top